• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson or not, this feeling is nice!

top dawg

I was reading this and thinking how much I feel the same way...This is Riveraless, Hurneyless team building.  No personalities, no clinging to aging veterans, etc.  I seriously think Marty and Rivera developed personal relationships with players that blinded their judgement at times.  Could not make the tough decisions when then needed to be made.

Then I scrolled down to see what the cerebral Huddlers have to say, aka the "asshats", always poised to attack a concept without offering one, would say.  Of course they bear the burden of extremely-accurate insight into all roster evaluations because they use hindsight to focus their wonderfully positive visions of the future.  It is not a marketable skill, one that has somehow not landed them careers in NFL front offices, on Wall Street, or prognosis gurus in the medical field, but somehow, their genius runs rampant on discussion boards when there is no accountability or stack of facts to dispute their cynical predictions.  They just sit on the power lines across from the house like vultures, trying to kill any positive form of life that emerges.  Here's to you, oh great predictors of Panther doom and 3-13 seasons because if it happens, you can say you were right and if it does not, no matter, you will deny it while working on the next year's gloomy forecast.  Nameless, anonymous fry cooks and road construction traffic flaggers, these overlooked visionaries are kind enough to grace us with their visions of destruction and chaos, holding dear their predictions that the Panthers will be the first NFL team in London or CMC's career is over because he had 2 injuries in the same season.  Yet we all know that the year the Panthers win the Super Bowl, despite the multitude of criticisms and naysaying, these gloomy Gus's will be at the front of the parade, amidst the blue and black confetti, waving the banner that reads, "I told you so!" 

The end

• Pie 4

21 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Yeah, its common sense moves we've all been wanting every offseason, but we've had coaches and FO staff with inflated egos that kept us from doing so. We should be looking to free up space every offseason and at least trying to go after players that could help the team tremendously instead of sticking with a failed plan and keeping coach's favorites on the team like Rivera did.

Yup like OP said feels good man. Plus the coaching is clearly on point and so noticeable compared to previous years.

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

I don't feel any different than I did watching this team blunder their way into 3 straight miserable seasons. The Panthers have won the offseason many, many times. Hurney made tons of moves that looked great before the games started being played.

That feeling will change if they start winning again this fall.

No. And no he didn't. Stop.

36 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I was reading this and thinking how much I feel the same way...This is Riveraless, Hurneyless team building.  No personalities, no clinging to aging veterans, etc.  I seriously think Marty and Rivera developed personal relationships with players that blinded their judgement at times.  Could not make the tough decisions when then needed to be made.

Going into an offseason not having to worry about our fate being in the hands of people in whom I have no faith is a very different feeling.

Don't know how good Rhule is. Don't know how good Fitterer is. But I know very well how bad Ron and Marty were.

Have said many times that I will take an unknown over a known bad ten times out of ten.

• Pie 2

I, too, am basking in the glory of a post-Hurney off season.  None of us know what the next season will hold but I'm excited about our new GM and the open rejection of mediocrity.  It's long overdue.  I get the gamesmanship of keeping hands close to the vest, but it's refreshing to see and feel that we're making our intentions more deliberate and obvious.  Gives fans some glimmer of hope! 

38 minutes ago, Malt Liquor said:

When? I been a fan of the Panthers for a long long time. Hurney and J.R never been this aggressive in the off season.

Releasing busts like Kalil

Releasing Steve Smith

Releasing Cam Newton

Releasing DeAngelo Williams

Releasing Jonathan Stewart

The #Panthers cleared almost $13 million in cap space with simple restructures on the contracts of DT Kawaan Short and OL Trai Turner.- Done by Hurney in 2019

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

Scott F seems by all indications that he is going to be solid but moves like this happen every offseason

I don't think the moves we've made so far are anything sensational. They're good, and they're competent, and that's fine.

Where I think things get skewed is that we're so used to incompetent management that competent management seems like genius.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1