• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tre Boston’s reasoning for being cut

Reebis21

This could be absolutely nothing and just the wrong choice of words to be using. But he says he was being let go cuz of a “rebuild”...now we all know we were super close to trading for Stafford which is the opposite of a rebuild. And a ton of people are still holding on to the hope we get Watson. But “rebuild” isn’t the term I’d equate to going after Watson. Falls more in line with drafting.

I also realize management doesn’t  have to tell Tre their plans on whether they are rebuilding or if they are simply retooling. Just found that reasoning interesting and wanted to get ur thoughts.

7 minutes ago, t96 said:

I wouldn’t read a thing into that. We don’t know what the FO told Tre or why they told him what they told him so it really makes no difference. Both sides handled parting ways with class, that’s all.

Frankly the most I'd read into his comment is he wants to keep the door open from his end to come back on the cheap but it sounds like the FO/Coaches are moving on from him.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

Love Tre he seems like a great guy and players respect him

But as much as he wants to believe this is due to “rebuilding” or “dead cap” reality is we are building a defense of young, athletic players that play with an edge and play aggressive and a safety that seems to shy away from contact and is limited athletically doesnt fit those plans

you dont build a nasty OLine full of road graders and then put Reggie Bush behind them

Edited by KillaCamNewton
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, Reebis21 said:

This could be absolutely nothing and just the wrong choice of words to be using. But he says he was being let go cuz of a “rebuild”...now we all know we were super close to trading for Stafford which is the opposite of a rebuild. And a ton of people are still holding on to the hope we get Watson. But “rebuild” isn’t the term I’d equate to going after Watson. Falls more in line with drafting.

I also realize management doesn’t  have to tell Tre their plans on whether they are rebuilding or if they are simply retooling. Just found that reasoning interesting and wanted to get ur thoughts.

Rebuilding the backend 👍

Yeah; Carolina is clearly not 'rebuilding'. The pieces are falling into place, the rebuild was last off-season.  Now it's players being comfortable in the system, rookies being developed, and adding more star potential.  This is a 2-3 year rebuild.

Year 2 is here, they don't want to have yet another bad year for the sake of the future.

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

Basically a nice way of saying you’re not worth the money you’re paid, you’re playing time is better spent on a rookie where there’ll be little drop off and higher potential, and you’re not worth the roster spot either

No shame in this.  Happens to every player eventually. 

How many people can say they reached the highest level in their profession?

Tre lived the dream.

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

No shame in this.  Happens to every player eventually. 

How many people can say they reached the highest level in their profession?

Tre lived the dream.

Nah no shame in it. The slight isn’t on Tre. It’s on idiot Hurney. He played one year on a 3 year deal and never should’ve been signed. He was never worth a 3 year deal.