• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes Vs. Lightning Best Of Four Series 2/20-2/25

Harbingers

16 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Rough game, I swear it seems like any team that has trouble beating us their answer is to resort to 80's style hits knowing the refs won't call but about 1 in 6.

Also someone had to have left the damn thermostat on that ice was really bad.

Some asshole probably left a window open and let the Birdicane fly away. 

6 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

That's why I like this Canes forum.

There might not be alot of us here.  But, everyone is a pretty die hard fan. 

I follow the official Facebook group and it's no wonder other NHL fans crap on them so much.... Good group of guys here on the huddle. I had never seen a hockey game in my life back in the semi finals vs the Sabres when a co worker convinced me to go to games 5 and 7....  Fell in love with and became an informed fan by the time I went to game seven vs the Oilers, Williams putting us up 3-1 was one of the best moments I've seen live in professional sports. 

• Pie 1

So, TB came out like any team that has had their butt kicked for a few games and the Canes didn't look ready for it. Before you get a chance to breath, they put 10 shots on goal.

Anyway, Vas the Vag played well and if not for an own goal and Reimer not playing Stamkos's shot very well, it's a different game. 

The refs missed some obvious calls too, on both sides, but the majority of them from TB.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

So, TB came out like any team that has had their butt kicked for a few games and the Canes didn't look ready for it. Before you get a chance to breath, they put 10 shots on goal.

Anyway, Vas the Vag played well and if not for an own goal and Reimer not playing Stamkos's shot very well, it's a different game. 

The refs missed some obvious calls too, on both sides, but the majority of them from TB.

We skated real sloppy and kept getting in each others way. They got a little extra physical and we didn't adjust. One of our biggest weaknesses.

I know were going to be nursing more than one injury coming off last night too. Aho took at least 3 sticks to the face, Slavin took a shot to the face. McGinn and Necas were boarded. Reimer looked like he was struggling with something later in the game, He was hunched over more than usual, and those are just the ones I noticed. TT already down too, I think its worse than they are letting on.

I like Beans fire but he didn't look pro last night either and was a puck hog at times when he didn't really have a shot. Probably time to get Gardiner back in there.

Hopefully on the bright side this is the jump start Fast needed to start producing.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1