• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes Vs. Lightning Best Of Four Series 2/20-2/25

Harbingers

I again missed most of the game while I was in class (Zoom) last night, but here's my take:

The Canes allowed 22 shots on goal (6-8-8), which means they were playing their brand of D that worked for them in previous wins. You should expect to win if your goalie is only seeing that may shots per game, and Carolina's record when they only give up that may shots is pretty good.

James Reimer is currently ranked 49th in the league with a 2.99 GAA. Sorry, but that sucks. He should feel very fortunate that he has an 8-3 record because the rest of the team has bailed him out. Think about it- if you're giving up 3 goals a game, that means you need to score 4 goals a game to win and there isn't a goalie in the league giving up 4 a game. So, you tell me how you're going to win with James Reimer in net? His 2.99 GAA is far more consistent than the Canes 3.26 GPA, which is trending down.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 2/26/2021 at 11:45 AM, Anybodyhome said:

I again missed most of the game while I was in class (Zoom) last night, but here's my take:

The Canes allowed 22 shots on goal (6-8-8), which means they were playing their brand of D that worked for them in previous wins. You should expect to win if your goalie is only seeing that may shots per game, and Carolina's record when they only give up that may shots is pretty good.

James Reimer is currently ranked 49th in the league with a 2.99 GAA. Sorry, but that sucks. He should feel very fortunate that he has an 8-3 record because the rest of the team has bailed him out. Think about it- if you're giving up 3 goals a game, that means you need to score 4 goals a game to win and there isn't a goalie in the league giving up 4 a game. So, you tell me how you're going to win with James Reimer in net? His 2.99 GAA is far more consistent than the Canes 3.26 GPA, which is trending down.

I said we couldn't ride Reims and Ned just isn't ready.  I guess Mrazek will be back sooner than I thought, but man I hope we are talking to the Coyotes about Keumper. 

• Pie 1