• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smoke screen to end all smoke screens

mickeye76

1 hour ago, mickeye76 said:

Pat on the back for myself.  So tired of the dozens of threads bout the Panthers trading for Watson.  I mean how many more can any of us stand.  If it happens cool for y'all.  I'll enjoy playing the hindsight game and talking bout the picks we traded.  We will see who was "stupid" one day.  Or we could win a super bowl every year Watson is under contract.  😆 I have my doubts.  Shid he never did it in Houston.  Hell how many playoff games did he win? That's par.  

Yeah this one will age well. Bye

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, mickeye76 said:

Not disputing that Rivera overstayed his welcome.  I'm talking bout how people were calling for his head one year before a coach of the year and 15-1 season.   

Guess what if you know anything about football that had nothing to do with Rivera and all about Cam. Thanks for showing me how smart you are!

• Pie 1
  • Poo 3

3 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

Unpopular opinion and personal pipe dream.  Watson is a smoke screen.  We are driving up the price and also keeping our profile high.  Smart move would be to let the chips fall where they may and reap the benefits of the market settling.  

Unpopular opinions are fine but I'm afraid this one doesn't make any sense.

If you're hoping somebody above us in the draft order makes a trade for Watson, why would you drive up the price?

That would actually make it less likely that they make that trade.

• Beer 1

Ok do any of y'all play poker?  Ok Tepper is at the table with all the other high rollers do ya think he ain't gonna put chips on the table.  He is gonna be involved.  Does that mean he is gonna go all in on the Watson jackpot?  The Jets and Dolphins are the chip leaders and can make bigger pushes but we got a play.  Is it the one we need to make?  

6 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

Ok do any of y'all play poker?  Ok Tepper is at the table with all the other high rollers do ya think he ain't gonna put chips on the table.  He is gonna be involved.  Does that mean he is gonna go all in on the Watson jackpot?  The Jets and Dolphins are the chip leaders and can make bigger pushes but we got a play.  Is it the one we need to make?  

This is maybe one of the worst analogies I have read on the Huddle. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

15 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

If the Jets get Watson, then the Texans will draft Wilson at 2. It doesn’t really change anything for us. Whoever gets a QB, another team has to lose that QB which gives them a need. 

Unless, Darnold is included and the Texans opt to rebuild their garbage OL by drafting Sewell.

21 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

So be it, who gives a fug a 25 yr old franchise qb not in his prime we have some money and picks still to work on oline. Gimme a break if salary cap was such an issue Saints wouldn’t have Brees, Thomas, Kamara, etc. Y’all need to learn this isn’t the old nfl.

Snoop Dogg Reaction GIF

Brees is retired...  and the Saints are 70 million over the cap still lol 

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

This is maybe one of the worst analogies I have read on the Huddle. 

Yea i've been taking up for a couple of people on here lately but this scenario seriously just doesn't make any sense unfortunately. I have another drug bender in me to be up all night like last time but damn I just can't for this one.

Bioshock it is then

• Flames 1

On 2/20/2021 at 9:14 PM, mickeye76 said:

Unpopular opinion and personal pipe dream.  Watson is a smoke screen.  We are driving up the price and also keeping our profile high.  Smart move would be to let the chips fall where they may and reap the benefits of the market settling.  

I was totally with you until I thought this through and realized this doesn't benefit us at all