• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Suppose CMC is part of the deal for Watson

DaveThePanther2008

CMC most likely won’t be part of the deal. The Texans won’t want to get ANOTHER rb in a trade. 

the 2 1st 2 2nd 2 defensive player theme will most likely stay. Fitts has been hyping donte Jackson intentionally lately. I expect him to be one piece, and most likely be someone we don’t want to trade as fans as the other. Fingers crossed for Shaq, hah.

• Pie 1

I don't think Bonnafon is that guy, and I don't believe they do either. CMC has short area quicks and vision and respectable long speed. He can juke players out of their shoes, and it shows up in his first and second level route running on passing routes. Most backs just can't do that. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think we only add CMC if it lets up keep a Burns or Brown.  We can find a lesser version of him and save a ton of money. I’d say we use Rodney Smith and draft another one late.

It does not save us a ton of money. It actually costs us an extra 5 million this year coupled with paying 40 million a year after this year for Watson. We could easily get a draft QB and save way more overall.

• Poo 1

Just now, top dawg said:

I don't think Bonnafon is that guy, and I don't believe they do either. CMC has short area quicks and vision and respectable long speed. He can juke players out of their shoes, and it shows up in his first and second level route running on passing routes. Most backs just can't do that. 

Bonnafon is a good backup though. So there is that.

17 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

It does not save us a ton of money. It actually costs us an extra 5 million this year coupled with paying 40 million a year after this year for Watson. We could easily get a draft QB and save way more overall.

Good call! He has quite the dead cap hit the next couple years. I just assumed with him being the highest paid RB that he would be a big contract to move.... Looks like it would only really come in to help in 24 and 25... Definitely leaning on the side of keeping him more now. Hurney has me always worried about our salary cap.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, razorwolf said:

CMC isn't just a star running back. He's a versatile player which would be harder to replace. 1 of 3 players in nfl history to record 1000 receiving 1000 running, so the only rb's that could IMO replace him is the other 2 rb on that list.

You also don't need a RB of his caliber to be successful in the NFL. 

Bonnafon isn't a legit option because he hasn't been able to seriously take a large role even when CMC was down all season. He is a 3rd string RB and really no more than that. 

23 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Yeah, if we traded him prior to June 1st he would leave us with a HUGE dead cap charge. 

• Pie 2

When are people going to stop looking at CMC as a “running back” and start looking at him as a modern day NFL nuclear weapon.  This guy does so much more than just run the ball.  He can be lined up all over the place, and is just as lethal running routes as a WR.  

Yes RBs are on average replaceable, Christian McCaffrey is not a replacement level player.  I can’t even begin to imagine what his stats would have looked like with a full year this past season under Joe Brady considering what an inferior player like Mike Davis did.  I’m also not upset that he had his mileage dialed back in a down year as we are going to need him going forward.