• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Suppose CMC is part of the deal for Watson

DaveThePanther2008

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

CMC isn't a running back and isn't paid as one. He is the best hybrid back who can run up the middle and play the slot better than most receivers. He is a Swiss army knife who is arguably the best player in the team. The only caveat is now saying when he is healthy.  Comparing him to just running backs isn't really apples to apples.

And yet he has helped rack up a grand total of 12 wins in the past three seasons.   You are way over stating his value and totally not even acknowledging how we forced fed him the ball to get those gaudy stats.   

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

CMC isn't a running back and isn't paid as one. He is the best hybrid back who can run up the middle and play the slot better than most receivers. He is a Swiss army knife who is arguably the best player in the team. The only caveat is now saying when he is healthy.  Comparing him to just running backs isn't really apples to apples.

Yes, his fans seem to think this, however it just isn't true. The breakdown of his comparison to slot receivers showed he was one of the lowest rated slot players in the NFL. 

He is just a RB. An elite RB, a dual threat RB, a HOF caliber RB, but just a RB. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

A guy who's part of the team and has access to their inside people is wrong, but you (random internet fan) who looks at cap websites are right.

Wow 😳

When you travel somewhere, do you have to buy a separate ticket for your ego?

At some point you need to learn to form your own opinion and just not blindly follow what you read from some reporter.

I said we could afford to trade CMC and resign Samuel this year if we wanted.  Didn't say we should, or financially long term it would be wise but I said it is feasible.  That is a fact and not really debatable.

Cap hit if CMC is traded is $17.2m according to Spotrac.com and overthecap.com.

Christian McCaffrey Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap

Christian McCaffrey Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

I think Voth said around $21m.  Some of CMC's guaranteed money is in the form of guaranteed salary which is tradeable so that is probably why the two numbers are different.

CMC's cap hit if not traded is about $12.5 million.  If he is traded its $17.2m

17.2 - 12.5 = $4.7m

If we trade CMC we lose $4.7m in cap space.  Lets say Samuel has a first year cap cost of $6m.  That would be a total $10.7m in extra cap space this year.  We can afford that.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

And yet he has helped rack up a grand total of 12 wins in the past three seasons.   You are way over stating his value and totally not even acknowledging how we forced fed him the ball to get those gaudy stats.   

I don't think as a running back, CMC is responsible for wins or losses so that is pretty ridiculous to mention. He has been our most productive player until his injury. And honestly he was force fed because we had a quarterback with a bum arm and few other assets on offense. Even with everyone keying on him he was very productive. You way underestimate his value because of 2020.

10 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

At some point you need to learn to form your own opinion and just not blindly follow what you read from some reporter.

I said we could afford to trade CMC and resign Samuel this year if we wanted.  Didn't say we should, or financially long term it would be wise but I said it is feasible.  That is a fact and not really debatable.

Cap hit if CMC is traded is $17.2m according to Spotrac.com and overthecap.com.

Christian McCaffrey Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap

Christian McCaffrey Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

I think Voth said around $21m.  Some of CMC's guaranteed money is in the form of guaranteed salary which is tradeable so that is probably why the two numbers are different.

CMC's cap hit if not traded is about $12.5 million.  If he is traded its $17.2m

17.2 - 12.5 = $4.7m

If we trade CMC we lose $4.7m in cap space.  Lets say Samuel has a first year cap cost of $6m.  That would be a total $10.7m in extra cap space this year.  We can afford that.

Right 🙄

Here's the thing. Any time he wants to, Bill Voth can walk up to Samir Suleiman and say "Hey man, what would happen to the cap if we traded / cut this player?"

I can pretty much guarantee that Suleiman's answer is not going to be "Let me go look that up on the internet."

Feel free to write a hundred more paragraphs trying to explain how your opinion as a guy who looks up stuff on the internet is more informed than that of someone who's actually part of the organization. Just be advised ahead of time that you've already lost my interest.

Edited by Mr. Scot

I don't believe we will trade him and as many have posted his cap hit would be devastating. 

However, deals are made that may help alleviate those cap  problems.

Reggie was hurt at the same time CMC was which gave Davis his opportunity.  But, I do remember the times Reggie came in for CMC in 2019 he performed well and made plays.  He's not CMC and no where am I implying that he is.  

If it meant giving him up to get Watson you have to have a plan on giving Watson weapons.

I don't he'll be traded.  I created this post to get the opinions on whether Reggie could be a viable option at running back  IF (BIG IF) we traded him. 

5 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I don't think as a running back, CMC is responsible for wins or losses so that is pretty ridiculous to mention. He has been our most productive player until his injury. And honestly he was force fed because we had a quarterback with a bum arm and few other assets on offense. Even with everyone keying on him he was very productive. You way underestimate his value because of 2020.

Wait wait wait, you guys just spent the last hour or so building him into this mythical player and now you are telling me he is not responsible for wins and losses?  Say what now?

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yes, his fans seem to think this, however it just isn't true. The breakdown of his comparison to slot receivers showed he was one of the lowest rated slot players in the NFL. 

He is just a RB. An elite RB, a dual threat RB, a HOF caliber RB, but just a RB. 

That isn't true either. He didn't compare that well to true slot or wide receivers largely due to limited opportunities. The majority of the time his passes were behind the line of scrimmage and there he dominated. He had done whatever asked  and had still been used as a primary RB. That doesn't mean he isnt good in the slot given how elusive he is in open space. He hasn't really played much in this system. Let's see how 2021 goes.

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Wait wait wait, you guys just spent the last hour or so building him into this mythical player and now you are telling me he is not responsible for wins and losses?  Say what now?

And gee I thought football was a team sport. I guess the emphasis of Madden and Fantasy football has made everyone all about the player and not the team. I though all real football fans knew that.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Right 🙄

Here's the thing. Any time he wants to, Bill Voth can walk up to Samir Suleiman and say "Hey man, what would happen to the cap if we traded / cut this player?"

I can pretty much guarantee that Suleiman's answer is not going to be "Let me go look that up on the internet."

Feel free to write a hundred more paragraphs trying to explain how your opinion as a guy who looks up stuff on the internet is more informed than that of someone who's actually part of the organization. Just be advised ahead of time that you've already lost my interest.

It’s pretty simple math.  Nobody is saying it wouldn't be expensive, I’m just saying it’s feasible.

Actually I don't think Voth said it was impossible you are just interpreting it that way.