• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big Rumor

Troys99x4

1 hour ago, Verge said:

QB market is hot, he has a reasonable contract, and he at the worst can be a really great backup. 

$17 mil and $21 mil is not a great backup QB contract, however. I would assume that whoever we trade him to better be convinced he is starting material. 

I am still thinking we basically have to give up a pick to get rid of him. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, AU-panther said:

I've said all along our biggest disadvantage is not being able to offer the Texans a QB option, unless they like Teddy, like the Jets and Dolphins can.

Three way trade that sends Jimmy G would make sense.  Maybe their GM thinks highly of him from their time together in NE.

I think we would have to add a player or pick to Teddy for 49ers to do that though.  I can't see them just trading Jimmy for Teddy straight up.  They could just wait for us to cut him if they like him.

maybe something like

49ers receive: Teddy B, Donte

Texans receive: Jimmy G, 2 first rounders, 2 2nds,  Shaq, Burns

Panthers receive: DESHAUN YOU fuging KNOW IT WATSON

That's way too much to pay.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

FWIW, I hope this rumor is real. I'd surely take my chances with Jimmy G before Teddy B. At least Garropolo is not afraid to push the ball down the field. Better yet, if it is part of a pathway to Watson, I'm all-in!

If we are trading Teddy to SF it’s not for Jimmy G it’s going to have to be a three team trade. Jimmy is terrible and that would be a terrible trade straight up. They both suck why trade?

• Pie 1

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2021/02/deshaun-watson-wasnt-promised-gm-search-input

At last check, Watson has yet to communicate with Culley or Caserio. Meanwhile, his personal coach Quincy Avery is passing along notes via social media.

What’s the criteria for a quarterback asking to get traded, then actually getting traded?,” Avery tweeted recently. “Asking for a friend.”

Avery’s friend has been heavily linked to the Panthers, who have recently carved out significant cap space. The Dolphins continue to circle around him, too, which means that a blockbuster trade involving Tua Tagovailoa could be on the table. Other potential suitors include the Jets, Broncos, and 49ers, but the Texans continue to say that he’s staying put.

47 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I fully expect Shaq to be gone by next season, as well as Ian Thomas. If we're lucky, Teddy.

I am in the same camp with Teddy and Shaq--I have been promoting a Shaq departure for some time--I did not like the contract.  Thomas, still on a rookie deal for a fourth round pick, I would keep for another season but he would be #3--not #1. ALTHOUGH he is slated to count over $2m toward the cap this season.  Dang--you are probably onto something.

Edited by MHS831

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

$17 mil and $21 mil is not a great backup QB contract, however. I would assume that whoever we trade him to better be convinced he is starting material. 

I am still thinking we basically have to give up a pick to get rid of him. 

I really do wonder what people were watching last year.

He was a competent NFL starter - 3,700 yards, 3 receivers having career years with him. His contract isn't ideal, but damn you'd think he has leprosy with how some of you act about him.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1