• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big Rumor

Troys99x4

10 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

His coaching staff and teammates are also human beings. Once he threw them under the bus I have no problem with anybody going in on Teddy. He is less than the great person he is made out to be.

Just doing a quick google search, i found this article with this quote:

“It’s just a throw that I’ve got to make,” Bridgewater said after reviewing film. “When DJ pops open behind those linebackers, I’ve just got to make that throw.

“When I play well, and my energy is there, this team plays well. I’ve just got to continue to be consistent with the energy I bring on Sunday.”

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article247523595.html

This has been his attitude from the get, team first. At least from what I've seen and read. But hey, I may have missed something, so can you point to me a link or whatnot of when he threw the team under the bus?

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, blueandblackattack said:

“It’s just a throw that I’ve got to make,” Bridgewater said after reviewing film. “When DJ pops open behind those linebackers, I’ve just got to make that throw.

“When I play well, and my energy is there, this team plays well. I’ve just got to continue to be consistent with the energy I bring on Sunday.”

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article247523595.html

This has been his attitude from the get, team first. At least from what I've seen and read. But hey, I may have missed something, so can you point to me a link or whatnot of when he threw the team under the bus?

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article247488380.html

He talks about the play being late, if they play was called down sooner he could have checked into the correct play call which was a run. Basically avoiding how he made a piss poor throw to wide open receiver.

"Bridgewater says he tried to get the ball to Moore, who was able to get somewhat open, but it wasn’t the “right look.”

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, blueandblackattack said:

5 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article247488380.html

He talks about the play being late, if they play was called down sooner he could have checked into the correct play call which was a run. Basically avoiding how he made a piss poor throw to wide open receiver.

"Bridgewater says he tried to get the ball to Moore, who was able to get somewhat open, but it wasn’t the “right look.”

Conveniently left off the entire first part of that quote, or perhaps that was the quote from the next day where Teddy put his foot in his mouth.

"I think we’ve just got to be better from top to bottom, from the sideline to executing on the field. It’s one of those deals where I felt like we might have panicked a little bit trying to figure out what play call to call in that situation because it’s like do we run the ball and get stopped, make the clock go down to a minute and 10 or throw the ball and try to score? I think, honestly, we called a great play, we just didn’t have enough time to execute, but it was a play where we wanted to shift Robby [Anderson] to get a good man zone read to see what defense they’re in and because we’re against the clock we just had to rush into it. I think if we would’ve gotten the play call in or we would’ve been able to make a decision sooner on what call to make, I think we see the look, we check to a run play and hopefully we score and make the clock go down."

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

Conveniently left off the entire first part of that quote, or perhaps that was the quote from the next day where Teddy put his foot in his mouth.

"I think we’ve just got to be better from top to bottom, from the sideline to executing on the field. It’s one of those deals where I felt like we might have panicked a little bit trying to figure out what play call to call in that situation because it’s like do we run the ball and get stopped, make the clock go down to a minute and 10 or throw the ball and try to score? I think, honestly, we called a great play, we just didn’t have enough time to execute, but it was a play where we wanted to shift Robby [Anderson] to get a good man zone read to see what defense they’re in and because we’re against the clock we just had to rush into it. I think if we would’ve gotten the play call in or we would’ve been able to make a decision sooner on what call to make, I think we see the look, we check to a run play and hopefully we score and make the clock go down."

The part where he said he has to make the throw was after watching film and getting his ass chewed by the coaches. Beforehand he said DJ was somewhat open. This statement further solidifies the point that he is not a NFL starting QB, guys dont get more open than that in the redzone in the NFL.

Just now, KSpan said:

I can't read the damn observer articles, but from what I remember, Teddy changed his tone the next day perhaps after getting spanked by the coaches. Still the quote you posted is a whole lot of deflecting. 

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

The part where he said he has to make the throw was after watching film and getting his ass chewed by the coaches. Beforehand he said DJ was somewhat open. This statement further solidifies the point that he is not a NFL starting QB, guys dont get more open than that in the redzone in the NFL.

Yeah that's what I thought.

22 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I have a question, because I do not engage in Instagram or Twitter---so I really have to assume that "unfollowing" means disassociating.  However, if I was player and I knew my name was being tossed around in trade rumors or cap casualty conversations and it was the offseason, I might not want that stuff flooding my phone day and night--is that a faulty position to take?   I really do not get into social media, so I am flying blind here-

It just means he won’t see official panthers updates and articles. 

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, blueandblackattack said:

If you’re a Panthers fan then you would know he did that, it was all over the place!

32 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I have a question, because I do not engage in Instagram or Twitter---so I really have to assume that "unfollowing" means disassociating.  However, if I was player and I knew my name was being tossed around in trade rumors or cap casualty conversations and it was the offseason, I might not want that stuff flooding my phone day and night--is that a faulty position to take?   I really do not get into social media, so I am flying blind here-

The team account doesn't engage in that stuff or any sort of negativity around the players really, but just about every Panthers related post on social media lately is full of fans in the replies trashing Teddy and thirsting for Deshaun. He's been caught using a burner account to comment before so we know he's incapable of just ignoring it. You're probably right.

• Pie 1