• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big Rumor

Troys99x4

Why do people keep adding in CMC into this hypothetical nonsense. His cap hit clearly tells you he is not an option to trade. Unless you think the Panthers are willing to pay him 20 million not to be on our team just ot take on Watsons huge contract. Burns, Chinn, Brown, CMC and DJ should be the core. Everyone else is replaceable. These guys have proven to be what we need to see consistently in the Carolinas.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, TriggaPlease89 said:

Why do people keep adding in CMC into this hypothetical nonsense. His cap hit clearly tells you he is not an option to trade. Unless you think the Panthers are willing to pay him 20 million not to be on our team just ot take on Watsons huge contract. Burns, Chinn, Brown, CMC and DJ should be the core. Everyone else is replaceable. These guys have proven to be what we need to see consistently in the Carolinas.  

I heard they could make where it’s not that much of a hit don’t know who posted earlier.

1 hour ago, davos said:

My best guess is we told Teddy he's being traded or released as a niceity so he can start prepping a move/etc.  Same thing with Shaq & I do think Shaq is basically on the trade table w/HOU. 

And after letting this stew a bit more, Lynch seems a bit more savvy of a GM than to want Teddy Bridgewater.  If I were the 49ers, would just roll with CJ Beathard until I found a young guy.  And then have Nick Mullens as the backup. 

This may seem off the wall but I could see us needing to just release him (June 1 designation) and the team that could use him on the cheap would be Arizona as a backup to Kyler Murray.  Kyler showed some fragility this past year and they had nothing behind him.  And that's a bit of a dink and dunk friendly offense.  That's my perfect Teddy fit.

If we're trying to keep Burns, Brown & Chinn together, then we really have to find a team to facilitate and add a high level starter.  I wish the Steelers weren't in such a sh*t cap situation because I can see them as a perfect facilitator and could use Bridgewater.  They also have movable, valuable defensive vets and need to clear major space.  Joe Haden, Big Ben are likely getting new homes.  My big prediction non-Panthers is that Big Ben gets released and picked up by Chicago.

Making us think---good work.  Quite an accomplishment.

54 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

I wouldn't have either. Not sure or our new buddy Fitts made the wisest choice there.

Both are unique players who can be used almost anywhere on the field and are clearly the best players at their position. But neither play premium high $ positions.

Would I give up 2 1sts for Teddy & CMC? No.

But that doesn't mean nobody else will. Or that they would be insane if they did. 

Was the Adam’s trade Fitterer or Schneider.  I was under the impression Fitts was more involved on the draft/scouting side in Seattle?

6 hours ago, Verge said:

QB market is hot, he has a reasonable contract, and he at the worst can be a really great backup. 

thank you! this has literally what I've been saying all year. Nick Foles got a fourth round pick last year on a horrible contract. Teddy is a serviceable QB, he isn't great and doesn't elevate your team but he's better than some of this other trash out here

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Was the Adam’s trade Fitterer or Schneider.  I was under the impression Fitts was more involved on the draft/scouting side in Seattle?

Don't know whose call it ultimately was. Fitts background is college scouting.  But, he was either co-director of player personnel or VP of football operations when the trade happened. 

I'm sure he had some say in the deal. 

Edited by Stumpy

38 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Fitterer dabbled in pro scouting but with the Seahawks, that area was primarily under Trent Kirchner (and John Schneider, of course).

The college side was Fitterer's primary thing.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

You have lost your mind if you think anyone in the NFL would give up 2 1st rounders for CMC. Show me one team that is a RB away from a Super Bowl, has the cap space to take him and the draft picks to spend. Just name a single team.

I'll give you a hint, it isn't the 49ers.

Kyle Shannahan has already drug two different teams with mediocre QBs to the Super Bowl with an offense designed around the RB. And he's never had one of CMCs caliber.

I don't think they are a RB away. But, given his history and the fact that he just signed a 6 year extension, I wouldn't be surprised if he thought so. 

Edited by Stumpy