• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big Rumor

Troys99x4

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Going by what his responsibilities were, I'd say probably not.

You are probably right. I doubt he was the one who made that call. I would imagine he had had some level of input, though.

Serious question... (Since you are typically the most well read when it comes to FO type stuff.)

Do the pro guys typically consult with the college guys when it comes to draft pick compensation for player trades? 

1 minute ago, Stumpy said:

Do the pro guys typically consult with the college guys when it comes to draft pick compensation for player trades? 

i.e. if the upcoming draft is a bad year for positions you need, then those picks would be less valuable to you, no?

38 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

You are probably right. I doubt he was the one who made that call. I would imagine he had had some level of input, though.

Serious question... (Since you are typically the most well read when it comes to FO type stuff.)

Typically no, but Seattle liked having more communication between their departments than a lot of other teams might.

That helped Fitterer get the job here and I imagine he'll foster that same sort of practice.

41 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Kyle Shannahan has already drug two different teams with mediocre QBs to the Super Bowl with an offense designed around the RB. And he's never had one of CMCs caliber.

I don't think they are a RB away. But, given his history and the fact that he just signed a 6 year extension, I wouldn't be surprised if he thought so. 

You just answered your own question about the issue with the 49ers and it isn't a RB. 

Not to mention after their starting running back went down with injury, their platoon of five RB's had 378 rushes, 1641 yards and 15 TD's. Not too shabby for a team that was plagued with RB injuries all year long. They actually finished 15th in the NFL in rushing yardage as a team and 11th in rushing TD's. Their struggles had a lot more to do with the passing unit that produced the 20th most passing TD's and 3rd most INT's. 

All they really need to do is get healthy, after all, they still have the same RB's that produced the second most rushing yards and most rushing TD's in 2019 for a 13-3 Super Bowl team. In CMC's career year, the Panthers had the 14th most rushing yards and 5th most rushing TD's, for comparison. 

The biggest upgrade they should be looking at is a QB. That team is stacked with talent, they just got slammed with injuries in 2020. 

12 hours ago, Stumpy said:

I wouldn't have either. Not sure or our new buddy Fitts made the wisest choice there.

Both are unique players who can be used almost anywhere on the field and are clearly the best players at their position. But neither play premium high $ positions.

Would I give up 2 1sts for Teddy & CMC? No.

But that doesn't mean nobody else will. Or that they would be insane if they did. 

You are insane if you think there is a team in the nfl that will give 2 first for cmac

13 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

I heard they could make where it’s not that much of a hit don’t know who posted earlier.

They could but why would they. Why would we want to seem desperate. Players see moves that teams make. They make assumptions of franchises based on numerous scenarios. Adding desperation to our history of inconsistency and bad player management does not bode well for incoming free agents. Ijs.

15 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

We've already reached the out and don't need to trade him to get rid if his cap implications.

It's a very easy contract to deal with any time we want. Theres nothing to cuss Hurney about

Nice that we've reached the "out" with his contract, but there's plenty to cuss and curse Hurney about.