• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Fields concerns

AU-panther

4 minutes ago, Martin said:

That’s a super interesting observation. How do you “unleash” Fields if he is the issue. Doable for sure, but takes a lot more work and I do believe in our coaching staff.

The can question becomes can you unleash Fields. 

3 hours ago, Verge said:

"Herbert had all the skill set in the world but his coaches restrained him where as Fields has all the tools in the world and he restrains himself" 

AKA Herbert was limited by play calling from coaches, where as Fields is most certainly not, and seems to be limiting himself. Who knows what reason that is. 

I absolutely agree with this. A lot of people gave me hell about my opinion on Herbert but it was 100% based on what he was able to show in that Oregon offense. If he can't do anymore than what he's showing in this offense, he can't play QB in the NFL and surely a staff wouldn't be so dumb as to handcuff a top 10 talent... right? Wrong! And it's probably why Shough is transferring.

Physically, he's very similar to Lawrence IMO. Lawrence is probably the more naturally gifted runner, but Herbert's arm talentis probably a bit better IMO.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I absolutely agree with this. A lot of people gave me hell about my opinion on Herbert but it was 100% based on what he was able to show in that Oregon offense. If he can't do anymore than what he's showing in this offense, he can't play QB in the NFL and surely a staff wouldn't be so dumb as to handcuff a top 10 talent... right? Wrong! And it's probably why Shough is transferring.

Physically, he's very similar to Lawrence IMO. Lawrence is probably the more naturally gifted runner, but Herbert's arm talentis probably a bit better IMO.

Part of it is the same thing Fields is going through and what Watson went through… prospect fatigue. People have so much tape on you and you’ve been a projected high pick for 2-3 years so people look to rip every decision you make to shreds. Where as one year wonders tend to get more of a pass. 

• Beer 2

Just now, Varking said:

Part of it is the same thing Fields is going through and what Watson went through… prospect fatigue. People have so much tape on you and you’ve been a projected high pick for 2-3 years so people look to rip every decision you make to shreds. Where as one year wonders tend to get more of a pass. 

this

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You where not alone in your Herbert prediction, no one bats 100%. Bump any draft threads form years ago and they will be filled with wrong statements. Hebert just had the best rookie season in NFL history is all, without playing the first game too. My jaw was on the floor after watching 3 of his games, even with mistakes. If he played like a rookie, it was only for a couple snaps and then he turned into a elite top 4 QB. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

You where not alone in your Herbert prediction, no one bats 100%. Bump any draft threads form years ago and they will be filled with wrong statements. Hebert just had the best rookie season in NFL history is all, without playing the first game too. My jaw was on the floor after watching 3 of his games, even with mistakes. If he played like a rookie, it was only for a couple snaps and then he turned into a elite top 4 QB. 

I'm still kinda dumbfounded that Oregon staff is THAT dumb. They treated him like he was the dumbest guy on the planet so I kinda had to assume he was. So many single reads, half field reads, and in crunch time they acted like the forward pass was no longer allowed. Morons.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm still kinda dumbfounded that Oregon staff is THAT dumb. They treated him like he was the dumbest guy on the planet so I kinda had to assume he was. So many single reads, half field reads, and in crunch time they acted like the forward pass was no longer allowed. Morons.

Old Dean Smith Michael Jordan quote " Dean was the only person able to constantly hold Jordan below 20 points ". They for sure need to learn form that, I bet they got calls for all sort of NFL staffs saying similar things. The ability to read and react along classroom coaching, there was a theme about Herberts' low football IQ. Watching games, just never seen a rookie play that good. He nearly had Cams 1st game 400+ yarder each week.

I had questions about Cam too, mainly cause John Gurdens QB camp made him look "dumb" too. Needless to say I didnt think Cam had a 400 yarder for 1st game. Just about all my concerns where gone after that. 

19 hours ago, Varking said:

You have Lance as tied with Lawrence as the best prospect in the entire draft?

Yes sir! Im waiting on pro-day mini combines, but its close to done. Main mover would be Slater with 34' arms. Waddle is another Im not ready to place, I do miss the combine. 

Worries for me with Fields are his windup delivery and does not read defenses very well at times.  He isn't a finished product so upside there.  His athleticism is overstated as well.  I wonder if he will be pretty average in the NFL with his team wanting more than he can deliver.

All the guys after Trevor are a roll of the dice IMO.

I am personally warming to Lance but that is mainly due to the athleticism he brings.  I have major concerns with the step up in comp he will face.

Edited by Shocker

On 3/4/2021 at 4:30 PM, Varking said:

Sort of like the classic NBA prospect cycle. The longer you stick around the less they see "potential" and the more they start seeing problems.

• Pie 1