• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

$8 million+ RB's since 2010

kungfoodude

21 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Which is what I said.

If he plays long enough. 

I don't want to lose him. It's not his fault he's payed what he is.

Yes I want a QB. We desperately need one. I just don't want to pay so much in picks to get Watson as what some of the rumors are. 

It'd be like getting a big ol house and not having furniture. 

Fng idiots just had to bring in Teddy last year. I knew this was going to happen. I predicted 5 games and told the world he would cost us Lawrence. 

If he plays long enough and if he stays productive 

18 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Or he could still be ticking ala Walter Payton and Adrian Peterson. 

I would say it's statistically unlikely. With the contract he has, we definitely need him to be that outlier or it is going to be one of those classic Panthers flubs. 

I would really like to not add any more to that pile. We have two more of them currently sitting on our books as it is(3 more if you count KK's dead money).

I think 2021 will be critical. If he can remain healthy, it will ease some of the pain of the price we will be paying. 

19 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Let's build our QB and Cmac a line.

Can you imagine what Cmac would do with our 2003 line?

fug that....can you imagine what our 2015 team could have done with our offensive line? 

CMC with that line still probably doesn't net many victories because he was mainly here while we have been poo(outside his rookie year). 

With that 2003 line on our 2015 team, Von Miller is stuffed, Cam Newton stays upright and we dust those motherfugers for a title.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

fug that....can you imagine what our 2015 team could have done with our offensive line? 

CMC with that line still probably doesn't net many victories because he was mainly here while we have been poo(outside his rookie year). 

With that 2003 line on our 2015 team, Von Miller is stuffed, Cam Newton stays upright and we dust those motherfugers for a title.

Obviously. 

Hell I still don't think we loose in 03 either if not for the perfect storm of spygate/ko out of bounds.

That kick is the single worst choke we've ever had. It cost me a coffee table unfortunately. 

• Beer 1

55 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That is probably better off being a programmed or database thing. It would probably choke Excel. 

I have been trying to learn python in my spare time (mostly for fantasy football purposes). I'm wondering if that could be utilized in some way to pull all necessary data and run queries. 

• Beer 1

The only truly safe bet to win in the NFL seems to be getting a HOF QB. Of the last 20 years, there are a few outliers, but getting the HOF QB seems to be the only truly universal truth. Even the games where the “lesser” team won, (and by “lesser” I mean the one without the HOF QB), the losing team did have a HOF QB that helped get them there. Seems like all other data points are arbitrary. 

24 minutes ago, Montsta said:

The only truly safe bet to win in the NFL seems to be getting a HOF QB. Of the last 20 years, there are a few outliers, but getting the HOF QB seems to be the only truly universal truth. Even the games where the “lesser” team won, (and by “lesser” I mean the one without the HOF QB), the losing team did have a HOF QB that helped get them there. Seems like all other data points are arbitrary. 

Arbitrary in what way?

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

And I would have been okay tagging him twice. At that point, you are likely past his prime and it's easy to move on. Then you take five relatively inexpensive years and have two expensive years(although less than his average contract now). Remember that CMC was a top 10 draft pick so he has actually been a top 10 paid RB in the NFL almost his entire career. That's a big downside of taking a RB in the top 10 like that.

I am not advocating for jettisoning him now. It would be detrimental to what we are doing. However, if he is banged up the next two seasons, I will be rattling sabers to cut him. We can't keep investing bad money in players that can't stay healthy(see KK). 

I agree. I think the double tag would have been in our best interest but then you also need to worry about a player like that holding out as they know whats up..

The other thing to consider when doing that is the opportunity cost of tagging him and not someone else. 

But in a vacuum this would be the best thing to do. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CanadianCat said:

I agree. I think the double tag would have been in our best interest but then you also need to worry about a player like that holding out as they know whats up..

The other thing to consider when doing that is the opportunity cost of tagging him and not someone else. 

But in a vacuum this would be the best thing to do. 

I wasn't really worried about the holding out an much as some of the fanbase was.

If he is holding out with 2 years remaining on his rookie deal(which already had him as a top 10 paid back), I start shopping him for picks. If he holds out when you tag him, then the tough choices have to be made.

23 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He wasn’t going to hold out

The guy that sat out of a bowl game for the betterment of his draft status wasn't going to? so dont tell me he is 100% team. 

Just cause CMC is a nice guy doesnt mean he is not a good businessman. 

I wouldn't put the opportunity of him holding out at 0%. 

Edited by CanadianCat

5 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

The guy that sat out of a bowl game for the betterment of his draft status wasn't going to? so dont tell me he is 100% team. 

Just cause CMC is a nice guy doesnt mean he is not a good businessman. 

I wouldn't put the opportunity of him holding out at 0%. 

That is a HUGE logical leap. It doesn't make any sense for these high round picks to play in those idiotic bowl games unless it is in the playoffs. Those things have forever and ever been completely meaningless. I never blame a single one of those kids for sitting out those bowl games. 

That is not a good example of him not being a team guy. I think it's possible he would hold out but absolutely no chance of that happening during his rookie deal. He really has almost nothing to gain by doing that. If he gets tagged, sure, I can see that.

33 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That is a HUGE logical leap. It doesn't make any sense for these high round picks to play in those idiotic bowl games unless it is in the playoffs. Those things have forever and ever been completely meaningless. I never blame a single one of those kids for sitting out those bowl games. 

That is not a good example of him not being a team guy. I think it's possible he would hold out but absolutely no chance of that happening during his rookie deal. He really has almost nothing to gain by doing that. If he gets tagged, sure, I can see that.

Right. Im not saying he is selfish, but he is a business.

But getting tagged as a RB is about the worst position to do that to as the theory is to not pay or commit long term to them. So I agree he wouldn't do that during his rookie deal, if he got tagged I could see it happening. Regardless it didn't happen so we are debating a hypothetical situation that didn't happen lol