• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Williams salty AF still

4 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

DeAngelo is gonna die mad about this poo, it's just who he is.  Some day he's gonna be 80 years old guest-announcing the Steelers' 3rd round draft pick and toss in "oh by the way fug Carolina".

Remember when he was a guest on NFL Network and antagonized the hosts?

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

We won five games.

If the best thing we can say about ourselves is "hey, we're not as bad as the Jets", that's kinda lame.

dude, your trying too hard to justify your own snarky answer. we won 5, but we were competitive in all but a couple. we could have easily been a 9 win team. williams named the jets specifically. we are waaaay better than the jets.

you know football. you know how much we improved, how we have exciting playmakers on both sides, and how this team looks on the cusp of being a good team. we’re not “not as bad as the jets” and we are definitely not “lame.” williams is salty, and you’ve gotten pretty damn salty lately too.

• Pie 3
10 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

dude, your trying too hard to justify your own snarky answer. we won 5, but we were competitive in all but a couple. we could have easily been a 9 win team. williams named the jets specifically. we are waaaay better than the jets.

you know football. you know how much we improved, how we have exciting playmakers on both sides, and how this team looks on the cusp of being a good team. we’re not “not as bad as the jets” and we are definitely not “lame.” williams is salty, and you’ve gotten pretty damn salty lately too.

Nah. I'm not any different than I always am. No sugar coating, and no counting chickens before eggs are hatched.

Losing a lot of close games was the same MO we had under Ron Rivera. People used it to justify that maybe Rivera wasn't as bad as people said. Unfortunately, he was.

As far as now, I like what I see of Matt Rhule. I like that the GM is no longer Marty Hurney. I like that there's finally talk about improving the offensive line.

With that said, at the moment it's all still potential improvement.

I'll feel a lot better when it's not potential anymore.

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Nah. I'm not any different than I always am. No sugar coating, and no counting chickens before eggs are hatched.

Losing a lot of close games was the same MO we had under Ron Rivera. People used it to justify that maybe Rivera wasn't as bad as people said. Unfortunately, he was.

As far as now, I like what I see of Matt Rhule. I like that the GM is no longer Marty Hurney. I like that there's finally talk about improving the offensive line.

With that said, at the moment it's all still potential improvement.

I'll feel a lot better when it's not potential anymore.

no one can honestly compare Rhule's performance last season to Fox and Rivera. He was working with a very young team, and without his best offensive weapon for most of the season. He showed the ability to make adjustments for certain opponents, as well as in-game adjustments to events as they happen. He showed that he plays to win, with ballsy 4th down play and his next level FG in the redzone before 4th down, where as Fox and Rivera played not to lose. He showed that he's willing to cut bait from players who aren't getting it done, even if it's your starting QB. He's not passive and doesn't fug around.

Rhule is nothing like Fox and Rivera. He went into most games with a far lesser roster, and had them in it until the end. This last season was not at all the MO that we saw under Fox and Rivera. You know that, you saw it too.

• Pie 1
4 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

no one can honestly compare Rhule's performance last season to Fox and Rivera. He was working with a very young team, and without his best offensive weapon for most of the season. He showed the ability to make adjustments for certain opponents, as well as in-game adjustments to events as they happen. He showed that he plays to win, with ballsy 4th down play and his next level FG in the redzone before 4th down, where as Fox and Rivera played not to lose. He showed that he's willing to cut bait from players who aren't getting it done, even if it's your starting QB. He's not passive and doesn't fug around.

Rhule is nothing like Fox and Rivera. He went into most games with a far lesser roster, and had them in it until the end. This last season was not at all the MO that we saw under Fox and Rivera. You know that, you saw it too.

The point of that isn't to say that Rhule is like Fox or Rivera.

It's to say that we don't really know how good Rhule is yet.

We also don't know how good Scott Fitterer is yet, just that he's not Marty.

For my part so far, I'm pretty encouraged about Matt Rhule. I'm also very encouraged about Scott Fitterer's background...and obviously about the fact that he's not Marty.

But both still fit into the "not fully known" category. Long term, they could turn out to be terrible...or phenomenal.

We'll see.

Edited by Mr. Scot