• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Disrespectful kid apologizes to Cam Newton

Cookie Lyon

6 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

I figured this apology deserved its own thread.

I wish his coach would've made him apologize in person when he jumped in the conversation in the second video.

I don't think his coach knew what the situation was. He just saw his player jawing with Newton and came over to figure it out and separate the teams. I'd assume his coach lit in to him when he saw what happened.

Edited by Moo Daeng

6 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I don't think his coach knew what the situation was. He just saw his player jawing with Newton and came over to figure it out and separate the teams. I'd assume his coach lit in to him when he saw what happened.

I think the coach did know what happened beforehand especially when he jumped in the conversation and Cam told him "we already squashed that."

Kids are kids--he was showing off.  Maybe trying to get the attention of a great player.  I mean, yes, Cam is a free agent--how many of us would love to say that we are?

I get the impression that this kid might become a great player and the NFL will show clips from it in 10 years--

But in all likelihood, he will not make it out of high school sports. 

11 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Can a mod edit the title. I spelled disrespectful wrong. LOL

Well, if it is any consolation I looked right at it and didn't notice it.....and I usually notice those types of things.

Let's hope there is a lesson that sticks here with the kid and it is not just "they made me do it."  Contrary to popular belief, kids can learn things!  Adults, well, that is more often than not another story.

The other lesson is Newton's Third Law applies to everything.  I suspect the kid did not expect that dreaded equal and opposite reaction, which sometimes stretches the term "equal."

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

That's better than "my parents never taught me to people disrespectful" 🤔

I saw that, too. 

It sounded like one of my posts, where I get stuck in between two ways of wording something and what comes out sounds like it is written in Klingon or an incoherent version of Yoda.

One casualty of the latest forum upgrade appears to be a limited time to edit such murdering of the King's English.  Now, my gaffes can live forever. 

• Pie 1