• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton says he “intimidated” Panthers...

DFive

26 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

31 other teams were going a different direction as well.  Only NE took him on a "prove it" deal.  He proved that he is probably done.  Not disrespecting Cam, but this makes sense if he left and took a team to the Super Bowl or something like that.  Instead, the team he led did not make the playoffs for the first time in 20 years.  This was not about intimidation--it was business.

I love Cam's fire.  He should respect Rhule and Tepper--it was Ron Rivera who went 4 wheeling for 8 years with a Ferrari. 

I mean is this a joke? He was released well into FA when most teams had already committed to their Qb for the year. Most teams don't wait until the end of May or even June to get their starting Qb. Why do people act like this was a "normal" situation Cam was put into this year? I mean look at the offense he played in Damiere Byrd was his #1 Wr. If the Pat's had a bonafide #1 and a healthy Edleman Cam's stats would look A LOT better. 

Its just funny to me that people use that season to determine if Cam can still be a starting QB in the NFL or not. He had a month to learn his offense and was throwing to a bunch of UDFA ST players And he still won more games than the Carolina Panthers with a MUCH MUCH WEAKER supporting cast. If Cam Newton is done then Matt Rhule doesn't deserve to coach another down of football if he couldn't even win more games than a bum Cam Newton with a month to learn a new system with dogsh*t weapons.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 7
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

I mean is this a joke? He was released well into FA when most teams had already committed to their Qb for the year. Most teams don't wait until the end of May or even June to get their starting Qb. Why do people act like this was a "normal" situation Cam was put intocthis years? I mean look at the offense he played in Damiere Byrd was his #1 Wr. If the Pat's had a bonafide #1 and a healthy Edleman Cam's stats would look A LOT better. 

Its just funny to me that people use that season to determine if Cam can still be a starting QB in the NFL or not. He had a month to learn his offense and was throwing to a bunch of UDFA ST players AND HE STILL WON MORE GAMES THAN THE CAROLINA PANTHERS with a MUCH MUCH WEAKER supporting cast. If Cam Newton is done then Matt Rhule doesn't deserve to coach another down of football if he couldn't even win more games than a bum Cam Newton in a new system with dogsh*t weapons.

So if he is going to be in demand where do you think he signs?

1 minute ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

I mean is this a joke? He was released well into FA when most teams had already committed to their Qb for the year. Most teams don't wait until the end of May or even June to get their starting Qb. Why do people act like this was a "normal" situation Cam was put intocthis years? I mean look at the offense he played in Damiere Byrd was his #1 Wr. If the Pat's had a bonafide #1 and a healthy Edleman Cam's stats would look A LOT better. 

Its just funny to me that people use that season to determine if Cam can still be a starting QB in the NFL or not. He had a month to learn his offense and was throwing to a bunch of UDFA ST players And he still win more games than the Carolina Panthers with a MUCH MUCH WEAKER supporting cast. If Cam Newton is done then Matt Rhule doesn't deserve to coach another down of football if he couldn't even win more games than a bum Cam Newton in a new system with dogsh*t weapons.

Your opinion is fine, and maybe we should have let him stick with us his final year (if he was even willing to do that) but it will be hard to convince anyone that watched him last season, that he should have received an extension with us.  It was time to move on and I don’t feel bad as a a panther fan that we ultimately made the move. 

Signing Teddy is an entire different conversation, but neither Teddy or Cam was going to lead us to be a playoff contender.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

So if he is going to be in demand where do you think he signs?

Depends. FA hasnt even started yet. I think there's a good chance he's back in NE. They have 60 million in cap and some good draft picks. They can easily upgrade the offense and their front 7 and be back in the mix in the AFC.

1 minute ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Your opinion is fine, and maybe we should have let him stick with us his final year (if he was even willing to do that) but it will be hard to convince anyone that watched him last season, that he should have received an extension with us.  It was time to move on and I don’t feel bad as a a panther fan that we ultimately made the move. 

Signing Teddy is an entire different conversation, but neither Teddy or Cam was going to lead us to be a playoff contender.

Bad wr’s or not he was chucking balls in the dirt at an alarming rate.  

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't know if it was any "intimidation", but it did seem like Tepper was already set in going a different direction at QB the moment he bought the team.

I think Tepper just wanted to put his stamp on the organization and as long as Cam was the face of the team it wasn't gonna be Tepper's team.

True but Tepper clearly wants a franchise QB desperately. I don’t think he viewed Cam as that, definitely not after the injury issues that happened, and his performance when he tried to return. 

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Bad wr’s or not he was chucking balls in the dirt at an alarming rate.  

An alarming rate? You might want to to go buy the All-22 and fact check that. I know thats a common brain dead reply to the season he had and while a few balls did skip he also made some very nice throws. 

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 3

6 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Depends. FA hasnt even started yet. I think there's a good chance he's back in NE. They have 60 million in cap and some good draft picks. They can easily upgrade the offense and their front 7 and be back in the mix in the AFC.

The Patriots are looking at trading for Mariota or possibly Garoppolo.