• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton says he “intimidated” Panthers...

DFive

8 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Your opinion is fine, and maybe we should have let him stick with us his final year (if he was even willing to do that) but it will be hard to convince anyone that watched him last season, that he should have received an extension with us.  It was time to move on and I don’t feel bad as a a panther fan that we ultimately made the move. 

Signing Teddy is an entire different conversation, but neither Teddy or Cam was going to lead us to be a playoff contender.

Thats what football is a matter of opinion. I know what the narrative is of Cam and I know my opinion is not a popular one but I do not believe Cam deserves all of the criticism he has gotten for last season and I expect even the most casual fan to understand the circumstances he was placed in and understand that most QBs would have failed in that situation much like he did

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

I mean is this a joke? He was released well into FA when most teams had already committed to their Qb for the year. Most teams don't wait until the end of May or even June to get their starting Qb. Why do people act like this was a "normal" situation Cam was put intocthis years? I mean look at the offense he played in Damiere Byrd was his #1 Wr. If the Pat's had a bonafide #1 and a healthy Edleman Cam's stats would look A LOT better. 

Its just funny to me that people use that season to determine if Cam can still be a starting QB in the NFL or not. He had a month to learn his offense and was throwing to a bunch of UDFA ST players And he still win more games than the Carolina Panthers with a MUCH MUCH WEAKER supporting cast. If Cam Newton is done then Matt Rhule doesn't deserve to coach another down of football if he couldn't even win more games than a bum Cam Newton with a month to learn a new system with dogsh*t weapons.

Cam had the 4th ranked oline in the NFL last year. The Panthers were 18.

Cam had the 7th ranked defense in the NFL last year. The Panthers were 18.

Cam had the 1st ranked special teams in the NFL last year. The Panthers ranked around 19-20.

Cam had Belicheck, the GOAT. The Panthers had a first year college coach.

The entire Planthers team had to learn a new system not just one player.

Cam is still a free agent even as you said ‘teams do not wait around to get their QB’. FA hasn’t started but teams still have plans in place. No one’s include Cam.

On the flip side the Panthers had much better weapons.

There is a reason Cam won more games and it’s not because Rhule is a shitty coach or Cam isn’t done.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 2

40 minutes ago, chknwing said:

The panthers were intimidated by Cams inability to fall on a lose fumble in the Super bowl.

I've had my fair share of criticisms of Cam even before the last couple injury riddled years, but I still don't see how anyone can objectively hold that against him. Watching it, it was pretty clear that he was expecting it to bounce a certain way and just misjudged it. The claims that it was a "business decision" or he didn't care are absurd.

• Pie 8

Just now, onmyown said:

Cam had the 1st tank special teams in the NFL last year. The Panthers the Panthers ranked around 19-20.

Cam he Belicheck, the GOAT. The Panthers had a first year college coach.

Cam is still a free agent even as you said ‘teams do not wait around to get their QB’.

There is a reason Cam won more games and it’s not because Rhule is a shitty coach or Cam isn’t done.

lot of those rankings don't really reflect how talent stacks up vs another.   Like the OL rankings.  NE OL ranks so highly because of how NE called games IMO.   Same with the defense.   BB going to extreme ball control inflates the defensive ranking. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Recent discussion has lended to that idea.

He's reported to have wanted "his guy".

I also think that Tepper may see things much the way we (as fans) do. After that hit from Watt on Cam in PIT, we all saw the sharp decline he took. Ron, being Ron, refused to adjust and admit what we all saw, and Tepper likely realized as well, Cam’s magic was gone. So, had that hit never happened and Cam continued to play at that MVP type of level, I think Cam may still be here and we’re having different conversations this off-season. 

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't know if it was any "intimidation", but it did seem like Tepper was already set in going a different direction at QB the moment he bought the team.

I think Tepper just wanted to put his stamp on the organization and as long as Cam was the face of the team it wasn't gonna be Tepper's team.

I think that's crap. If Cam was still playing at a high level and healthy why would Tepper want to move on from him? I think 2018 frustrated the hell out of Tepper, starting with that Pittsburgh game that I'm sure was very personal for him and then when Cam couldn't be counted on in early 2019 his future here was sealed.

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

If Cam was still playing at a high level and healthy why would Tepper want to move on from him?

He wouldn't. IF Cam was healthy he'd still be our franchise QB and on his way to the HoF.

Rivera Riveraed him and that is literally the end of the discussion in regards to Cam. It's that simple.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Cam had the 1st ranked special teams in the NFL last year. The Panthers ranked around 19-20.

Cam had Belicheck, the GOAT. The Panthers had a first year college coach.

Cam is still a free agent even as you said ‘teams do not wait around to get their QB’. FA hasn’t started but teams still have plans in place. No one’s include Cam.

Hey but he’s “RICH”

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

He wouldn't. IF Cam was healthy he'd still be our franchise QB and on his way to the HoF.

Rivera Riveraed him and that is literally the end of the discussion in regards to Cam. It's that simple.

Ehh Rivera didn't give him bad injury luck. Wilson has had terrible OLs for most of his career and he's never missed a game. A lot of that is just random bad luck, with play style also a slight factor.