• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sax's Grand Plan Spectacular

saX man

I don't see the Panthers trading away that much draft capital. And if they do, it's going to be a tough time digging out of it if Watson tears his ACL again or Prescott's ankle isn't healed. 

Would rather just draft Trey Lance or just build the roster up and be patient finding a franchise QB.

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

We don’t have to give up 3 first rd picks right, if he gets tagged we only have to give up two? I would do that in a heartbeat. You shouldn’t have to give up players either right? 

Depends on the type of tag, theres three: Non-exclusive, Exclusive, and Transition Tag.

Non-exclusive, we can negotiate with Dak, if he agrees on an offer sheet with us, Cowboys can match it and keep him.  If they don't match, then he's ours and that's when we have to compensate the Cowboys with 2 1st round picks.  Cost of tag is average top 5 salaries in the position of the PREVIOUS 5 years.

Exclusive, the player cannot negotiate with any other teams.  Cost of tag is average of top 5 salaries in the position of the CURRENT year.  Most costly.

Transition, same as the non-exclusive but we don't have to give the Cowboys any compensation.  Cost is average of top 10 salaries in the position of the PRIOR year.

(For all 3, the cost are either those or 120% of the player's prior year salary, whichever is greater).

The transition tag on Dak is most likely out of the question.  If they place the Non-exclusive tag on him, I'd gladly give up 2 1st round picks for him.

Edited by DeSim
  • Pie 4

14 minutes ago, DeSim said:

Depends on the type of tag, theres three: Non-exclusive, Exclusive, and Transition Tag.

Non-exclusive, we can negotiate with Dak, if he agrees on an offer sheet with us, Cowboys can match it and keep him.  If they don't match, then he's ours and that's when we have to compensate the Cowboys with 2 1st round picks.  Cost of tag is average top 5 salaries in the position of the PREVIOUS 5 years.

Exclusive, the player cannot negotiate with any other teams.  Cost of tag is average of top 5 salaries in the position of the CURRENT year.  Most costly.

Transition, same as the non-exclusive but we don't have to give the Cowboys any compensation.  Cost is average of top 10 salaries in the position of the PRIOR year.

(For all 3, the cost are either those or 120% of the player's prior year salary, whichever is greater).

The transition tag on Dak is most likely out of the question.  If they place the Non-exclusive tag on him, I'd gladly give up 2 1st round picks for him.

I'd put the non-exclusive tag on him if I didn't plan on keeping him. I think there would be a line of teams at that 2 1st round pick price.

1 hour ago, joemac said:

Boy, Gettlemagic really knocked it out of the park with his first rounders, didnt he?

To be fair it's harder to pick all pro talent when you're drafting in the mid to late 20's compared to the top 10 because your teams actually make it to the playoffs. 

Also, comparatively based on draft position and output, Gettleman's drafts were better than Hurney's based on value and production:

Source

image.png.3deadb2297c8413e25d799aeb8feeb43.png

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, BurnNChinn said:

We don’t have to give up 3 first rd picks right, if he gets tagged we only have to give up two? I would do that in a heartbeat. You shouldn’t have to give up players either right? 

You know, I think you're right on this ha.  I shall make further amendments. 

Regards,

Organtico Chipopo

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, jbland said:

WTF is wrong with this board? Y’all are acting like three first round draft picks is nothing. That is a huge amount of draft capital that could potentially harm us for a decade. 

No one ever brings that up. If all this doesn’t work out we’re looking down the barrel of not being relevant again until 2030.