• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If this isn't the year...

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Mage said:

I don't mind if we don't get a QB this offseason.  It'd be preferred but not the end of the world.  This team is in a great position in 2022.

I'd only be mad if we replaced Teddy with a marginal, 'decent' improvement.  If it ain't a franchise QB then stick with Teddy Bridgewater.  

Same ish with Cam.  I 100% understood releasing him.  The problem was replacing him with Teddy.  Why not just stick with Cam at that point?

Same thing here.  Don't get rid of Teddy just to replace him with another mediocre QB.  You either go after a guy like Watson or someone in the draft who you think can be a franchise QB, or you stick with Teddy.  

I confess, acceptance of another year with Bridgewater was not an option I considered 🤔

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Let's say we don't get a true franchise quarterback this year but we do get somebody who's decent and an improvement over Bridgewater...

Will that be enough to hold you until we can try again next year or in the near future?

Or will it be torches and pitchforks time?

FIRE HURNEY!!!!!!!

Sorry, flashbacks. When you say torches and pitchforks I get tourette's.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I confess, acceptance of another year with Bridgewater was not an option I considered 🤔

I'd much rather stick with Bridgewater than waste money and time on another mediocre QB.

Same thing applies with the draft.  I don't want this team taking a QB for the sake of taking one.  I really really don't want us to draft a QB if it isn't Lawrence/Fields/Wilson.  Lance MAYBEEE I'd come around on but honestly I don't know what anyone sees in him when they watch film.  He's just a great athlete but that is it.  I would not take him in the 1st round, much less top 10.  

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 6

If we don't land Watson, I would almost rather wait until next year. I think Rattler is better than any QB in this draft except Lawrence, and I believe Howell/Shough are as good as any except Lawrence. My biggest fear is in waiting would be that we win to many games to have another top 10 pick.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

If we don't land Watson, I would almost rather wait until next year. I think Rattler is better than any QB in this draft except Lawrence, and I believe Howell/Shough are as good as any except Lawrence. My biggest fear is in waiting would be that we win to many games to have another top 10 pick.

I might like Sam Howell better than any of the current three behind Lawrence.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I mean if we can put an OL in front of him and have brady update his schemes. its more of a boost in my eyes using all our picks to start filling out the roster this year than crippling ourselves for 3-4 years to come. If we suck ass than go for Howell next year and we can cut teddy without cap issues. If we do good but not great then find your trade QB now that you know all the pieces around them are in place and they won't get killed one way or another.

• Pie 4

Yeah with everything going on and all the info coming out, I would be extremely disappointed in not having something to look forward to. No excuse at 8 to not come away with a rookie QB or to trade up for your guy if it came to that. I have no problem sitting a rookie for a year but cannot accept not trading for a franchise QB or getting a top rookie. A bad year will be worth it if we have hope that the future is bright, similar to Cams first couple years in the league 

IDGAF what they do honestly.  If they trade away the farm for Watson I sure hope it works out.  I'm not sure how much longer my fanship can hold out if this blows up in their face.  I'm about two more losing seasons away from giving up on football all together. They better get this right.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

If you do not get a potential or actual franchise QB this year then they have lost me as a suffering fan. My view would be get back to me when you happen to be in a Super Bowl conversation. I will simply not invest my resources, emotional or financial, in this team. Hope buys time. A lack of hope buys boredom, futility, and fatalism.

And the whole wait until next year mantra will not work for me. Just like I knew signing Bridgewater was a mistake because is good enough to win a few games but not nearly good enough to lead a team to a Super Bowl, I feel confident that this team will have a better record next season. They will be in a worse draft position next season to get a franchise QB. Wait until next season will just lead to another wait until next season and on it goes. Next season comes and nothing really changes.

Edited by FakePlasticTrees

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Let's say we don't get a true franchise quarterback this year but we do get somebody who's decent and an improvement over Bridgewater...

Will that be enough to hold you until we can try again next year or in the near future?

Or will it be torches and pitchforks time?

As long as it’s not Bridgewater and there’s a clear plan. I can’t take another season of Bridgewater. 

• Beer 2