• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Deshaun Watson would OK trade to Carolina Panthers

Zod

Honestly Id love to have Watson but I wouldn't be happy trading several years worth of draft picks and high profile players for him. Your throwing all your chips in one basket and if you fail you may be screwed for a while .

Just wish there was a way to get him on a reasonable deal . Because the signs are pointing to us giving away way too many assets from a REBUILDING team to sell out for a QB .

You'll have to hope Fiterrer will be striking gold on those mid to late rounders for years in a row . Because we wouldn't be able to afford Hurney esque post round 1 draft classes because you've got most of your cap and alot of high round picks all given up for Watson already .

• Pie 5

It's not a topic until Zod blesses it. 

On a serious note, I know Jets and Dolphins have better draft assets, but I'm not so sure they're ready to move on from Tua or Darnold.  At least not convinced enough to give up a king's ransom like Tepper will do.  

Edited by NAS
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

18 minutes ago, NAS said:

It's not a topic until Zod blesses it. 

On a serious note, I know Jets and Dolphins have better draft assets, but I'm not so sure they're ready to move on from Tua or Darnold.  At least not convinced enough to give up a king's ransom like Tepper will do.  

This is the thing that seems to get lost on everyone. Just because the Jets and Dolphins have the resources to trade for Watson doesn't mean they will so easily pony them up. It takes two to tango. What we know is that Tepper appears to be making eyes across the dance floor and headed the Texans way 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

If you're the Jets/Dolphins brass, are you really going to move three 1sts when you're thinking fug it, just take Wilson on a rookie deal and put the finishing touches around him?  Said this before but it actually works towards our advantage that not such equivalent prospect is sitting presumably at #8, where that calculus becomes much less enticing.