• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Deshaun Watson would OK trade to Carolina Panthers

Zod

36 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I am of the same mindset--Miami, if they are really ready to move on from their first round, coming off injury QB, and will give up a bunch of picks to do so...Or do they sit there and take Lance or Fields--or trade back a bit and GAIN a pick and take Lance or Fields?  Just does not make that much sense.  The Jets?  They are in position to get Wilson, and he is widely considered to be the best QB in the draft not named Trevor.  They need picks to build a bad roster--are they really going to trade away a first rounder in 2022 to get Watson over Wilson?  That makes no sense, which is why they might do it. 

The Dolphins have some picks this year, but they are hardly a complete team.  They are the team, however, that threatens the Panthers' chances the most, imo. 

The Dolphins should seriously just stick with Tua....and Im not just saying that because I dont want them trading for Watson.  Tua was an amazing college QB, and showed some real promise last year, while still recovering from a horrific injury, and learning the speed of the NFL.  

I frankly think we could get this deal done if we didn't own pick #8.  The fact Houston doesn't know if they can draft one of the top 4 QBs in this draft with that pick IMO is what this will all come down to. 

you could sell the Houston fanbase on a new drafted QB aided by the most versatile RB in the NFL w/ loads of draft picks.   But that QB piece is important. 

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

I frankly think we could get this deal done if we didn't own pick #8.  The fact Houston doesn't know if they can draft one of the top 4 QBs in this draft with that pick IMO is what this will all come down to. 

you could sell the Houston fanbase on a new drafted QB aided by the most versatile RB in the NFL w/ loads of draft picks.   But that QB piece is important. 

With the coaching staff they hired... its fair to say the texans arent looking to win this year.... I don't think they are going to rush the QB replacement. 

32 minutes ago, joemac said:

The Dolphins should seriously just stick with Tua....and Im not just saying that because I dont want them trading for Watson.  Tua was an amazing college QB, and showed some real promise last year, while still recovering from a horrific injury, and learning the speed of the NFL.  

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if there wasn't some wildly differing opinions within the Dolphins' organization on what they should do with Tua. I could definitely see reason for a contingent of folks who want to keep and develop Tua and I could definitely see reason for a contingent of folks ready to cut bait and move on.

• Pie 3

I approve this thread and source ( ESPNUPSTATE,  Greenville SC ) ..   They probably listened to the Peter King interview ..  

Needless to say,  I believe in positive vibes. Good Karma.   Tepper wants this to happen. 

Should it not happen for the Panthers.. then the Jets, or the Dolphins could likely get Watson, and then not draft a QB..  Maybe freeing up a top QB at #8.   Also Tepper would be driving up the price for Watson. 

Personally I think he lands in Charlotte.   And 25% of this message board will hate what we gave up to get him and whine for 3 years ,,  but then Watson leads Carolina to its first Super Bowl Championship and they'll all be on board. (  then start whining the next season LOL ) 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, PhillyB said:

they have to know this is their best path forward. my guess is by clamming up they're encouraging suitors to come forward with offers that'll blow the doors off. nick caserio wants to be calvin candy.

It is a serious possibility that they think Tua is actually going to be good. Who knows maybe they have a competent staff who can actually develop people.

I mean we've had much worse than: 1800 yards 11TDs and 5 INT in 10 games at QB. Rookies don't usually Cam Newton the joint.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

I approve this thread and source ( ESPNUPSTATE,  Greenville SC ) ..   They probably listened to the Peter King interview ..  

Needless to say,  I believe in positive vibes. Good Karma.   Tepper wants this to happen. 

Should it not happen for the Panthers.. then the Jets, or the Dolphins could likely get Watson, and then not draft a QB..  Maybe freeing up a top QB at #8.   Also Tepper would be driving up the price for Watson. 

Personally I think he lands in Charlotte.   And 25% of this message board will hate what we gave up to get him and whine for 3 years ,,  but then Watson leads Carolina to its first Super Bowl Championship and they'll all be on board. (  then start whining the next season LOL ) 

I'm all in the vibes.  Let's vibe this into existence man!

TSnNwQolEPSrRkg-800x450-noPad.jpg?161003

I'm getting my chakras aligned as we speak

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

Who would cut bait with a top 5 pick after only 10 games?  Whether Tua pans out or not that's hilariously incompetent.

Understand the concept of a sunk cost. With the new rookie salary scale, you're no longer hamstringing yourself with an outrageous contract on a top pick. I'm sure the Cardinals don't regret for a moment bailing on the previous year's #10 overall pick in Josh Rosen to take Kyler Murray #1 the following year.

• Pie 2

47 minutes ago, CRA said:

While this could be their thinking, this is how I would attack it.

Houston is looking at a few years to be able to compete. They need a lot of pieces, but have no 1st or 2nd round pick this year.

I use the 8th pick to trade back to a team wanting a QB. Think Patriots at 15, Washington at 19, Chicago at 20....any of these trade downs you can add a 2nd this year, and a 1st next year for a team coming for a QB. Now, you have a 1st and 2nd this year you didn't have originally. You also have your own 1st, the Carolina 1st (Watson trade), and a 1st from the trade down, giving them (3) 1st next year, plus all other picks rounds 2-7. 

I use the new 1st, 2nd, and all other picks this year to draft BPA to fill a few roster holes, there are many to fill.

Go into next year letting Teddy and that terrible roster tank it out for the top pick. 

With the top pick, select your QB (Rattler, Howell, or Shough) of the future.

Then you have 2 more 1st and all of  your other picks next year. You may even be able to use those other (2) 1st to maybe trade back a couple spots and add more picks next year.

Edited by TheProcess

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Understand the concept of a sunk cost. With the new rookie salary scale, you're no longer hamstringing yourself with an outrageous contract on a top pick. I'm sure the Cardinals don't regret for a moment bailing on the previous year's #10 overall pick in Josh Rosen to take Kyler Murray #1 the following year.

Yea that's true and a good point but who the fug is Josh Rosen. Tua is a National Champion in the best league in CFB and has much more talent and potential than that random guy from UCLA.

He was also a top 10 pick 🙂 I said top 5!!!!!!!! But seriously that's a good take though, you pick Kyler Murray over some Josh Rosen 8 days out of 7.

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

Yea that's true and a good point but who the fug is Josh Rosen. Tua is a National Champion in the best league in CFB and has much more talent and potential than that random guy from UCLA.

He was also a top 10 pick 🙂 I said top 5!!!!!!!! But seriously that's a good take though, you pick Kyler Murray over some Josh Rosen 8 days out of 7.

I'd argue that Rosen had more talent, he was just an entitled brat. Tua seems like a great dude who may have been ruined by a devastating injury.