• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Deshaun Watson would OK trade to Carolina Panthers

Zod

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I thought the basis of your reasoning was that the Panthers screwed over his idol Cam Newton? That seems to be thoroughly debunked at this point. I mean, he probably still doesn't end up here because the Jets and Dolphins are both in a far better situation to trade for him but your reasoning seems to be completely out the window at this point.

Has it though? Eh. I told you him coming here will come down to Us vs Houston. Definitely not changing my stance on that based on a post from Espn Upstate. 

If you asked Deshaun right now would he turn down a trade to any team his answer would be no and that’s all you need to feed a report. Wake me up when he’s in a panthers uniform. The only way that happens if other teams say no and he’s stuck between returning to Houston and coming here. A long way off from that. 

• Poo 1

8 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Not fact checking to be disrespectful, but you did say this.... which turns out to be inaccurate based on this report from ESPN. Just curious to why you are so adamant that he doesnt want to come here when has been constantly linked to us each day...?

image.png.ef13b2c9ee03778ad0db3864207bd88c.png

image.png.73002336aa0cea2c4445f771f591e48a.png

How is this any different from what I’ve been saying? Come and find me when he suits up for Carolina and stop wasting my time on anonymous click bait. 

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Has it though? Eh. I told you him coming here will come down to Us vs Houston. Definitely not changing my stance on that based on a post from Espn Upstate. 

If you asked Deshaun right now would he turn down a trade to any team his answer would be no and that’s all you need to feed a report. Wake me up when he’s in a panthers uniform. The only way that happens if other teams say no and he’s stuck between returning to Houston and coming here. A long way off from that. 

What? That seems very contradictory.

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Perhaps it is an error in my interpretation but I thought your past posts implied Carolina was a last resort and might not even be in consideration as better than HOU for him. Consistent reporting suggests strongly otherwise...  I agree we are still a bit of a long shot but I think our available assets are undervalued by this board (or maybe they just think all that matters is draft picks)... but that is different from Watson leaning on cams negative experiences to not come here...

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Perhaps it is an error in my interpretation but I thought your past posts implied Carolina was a last resort and might not even be in consideration as better than HOU for him. Consistent reporting suggests strongly otherwise...  I agree we are still a bit of a long shot but I think our available assets are undervalued by this board (or maybe they just think all that matters is draft picks)... but that is different from Watson leaning on cams negative experiences to not come here...

That is what I’m saying. That Carolina would be a last resort for him. Again this is what I believe. Feel free to have your own opinions. If the so called reports and “sources” are true then we should have no problem getting him. Hell why isn’t he here already? 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I think we have some interesting pieces to offer, it's just a question of whether or not you'd want to send say three 1sts and Burns + Chinn to Houston for Watson. I'd LOVE to have Watson but IMO that price is just too steep.

The big knock on any package we could offer is that it wouldn't provide a clear path to another franchise QB for Houston. #8 is probably too low.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What? That seems very contradictory.

It’s really not. I don’t think he wants to play here, but have to leave that door open in the chance we’re his only option and he wants out of Houston that bad. We are a long way off from that or he’d be here already. 

Just now, Verge said:
9 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

That is what I’m saying. That Carolina would be a last resort for him. 

This straight up is not true. 

The truth is somewhere between 100% and 0%...

...interested to know from you 2 what you think the chances are the Texans refuse to trade DW under any circumstances?

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think we're rapidly approaching the point where there's not many places Watson would straight up say "no" to. I think he REALLY wants out of Houston.

Exactly.

And, there have been reports his is willing to drop the no-trade clause in order to facilitate his exit.

Personally I believe Texans refuse all trades and require DW to honor his contract.

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Poo 1