• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Deshaun Watson would OK trade to Carolina Panthers

Zod

29 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

How is this any different from what I’ve been saying? Come and find me when he suits up for Carolina and stop wasting my time on anonymous click bait. 

Well you have changed your comments when it first came out that we was going to go after him you said oh I know he isn’t coming here because he is friends with Cam and he won’t come here before of how they treated Cam. Sorry but your facts don’t line up lol.

10 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

The truth is somewhere between 100% and 0%...

...interested to know from you 2 what you think the chances are the Texans refuse to trade DW under any circumstances?

Impossible to know for certain but I'd say they do end up trading him. 70/30 in favor of him being traded. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

11 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Exactly.

And, there have been reports his is willing to drop the no-trade clause in order to facilitate his exit.

Personally I believe Texans refuse all trades and require DW to honor his contract.

At least you finally admit it is your personal opinion rather than throwing it out as factual information or presuming to know the mind of their owner or front office. 

• Flames 1

6 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

Honestly Id love to have Watson but I wouldn't be happy trading several years worth of draft picks and high profile players for him. Your throwing all your chips in one basket and if you fail you may be screwed for a while .

Just wish there was a way to get him on a reasonable deal . Because the signs are pointing to us giving away way too many assets from a REBUILDING team to sell out for a QB .

You'll have to hope Fiterrer will be striking gold on those mid to late rounders for years in a row . Because we wouldn't be able to afford Hurney esque post round 1 draft classes because you've got most of your cap and alot of high round picks all given up for Watson already .

Couldn't agree with this more

9 minutes ago, Verge said:

Impossible to know for certain but I'd say they do end up trading him. 70/30 in favor of him being traded. 

Cool.

At least you acknowledge there is a chance the Texans will not trade him...

...seems most folks (including a lot of credentialed local & national press) are placing 0% on it --- they do not believe it is in the set of possible outcomes.  

• Poo 1

So, a QB that really wants to leave his current team would be ok with his current team trading him to most teams.  Not really a newsflash.

People around here, incorrectly have this idea that he is going to take his no trade clause and pick the one team he wants to go to.

He wants out, the Texans are going to decide where they are willing to trade him and then he can decide how bad he wants out, and chances are he would be open to most places.

28 minutes ago, Verge said:

At the end of the day they're going to have to trade him.

The situation is toxic right now.

For the Texans it's all about positioning yourself for the best haul to repair the damage of losing your 25 year old franchise QB. If the Jets and the Dolphins are interested I'm not even picking up the phone to the Panthers. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, MVPccaffrey said:

If you're the Jets/Dolphins brass, are you really going to move three 1sts when you're thinking fug it, just take Wilson on a rookie deal and put the finishing touches around him?  Said this before but it actually works towards our advantage that not such equivalent prospect is sitting presumably at #8, where that calculus becomes much less enticing.

That’s what I’m thinking. They are #2 and 3 in the draft. They can get Wilson if you’re the Jets or whichever they like better between Lance or Fields if the Dolphins seriously want to move on from Tua. And the Dolphins at least could get serious draft capital by trading Tua, surely a 2nd at least. Seems like it would be a better return on draft pick investment. 

Only way I see either of those teams getting in the Watson sweepstakes is if they’re completely underwhelmed by the #2-4 QB prospects, because if they’re relatively confident in one of them it would seem to be a better gamble to just draft that guy. 

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

This is genius.

well, the only defense to that....

is they gave away the best WR in the NFL (arguably) for a peanut butter sandwich.  So Houston has shown the inability to acquire sigfnicant compensation for even the easiest of deals. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2