• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Deshaun Watson would OK trade to Carolina Panthers

Zod

21 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You could make a pretty good case that a top five pick getting benched more than once qualifies as "underperforming".

Though it was reported he was benched twice, it was actually once.

He was pulled from their game against the Broncos due to a thumb injury suffered from contact to a helmet. He missed their next game against the lowly Jets with his thumb wrapped. You would want your rookie playing the Jets to build confidence if healthy. Fitz did not bail them out, and in fact threw a game sealing interception late in the endzone against Denver.

The other game he was pulled was the Raider game. This game was 16-13 game when he was pulled. There were other circumstances that figured into this situation. This is the only game Fitz "bailed" them out, and it was mostly luck.

Edited by TheProcess

12 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Texans have 6 division titles in previous 10-seasons -- Panthers have 3.

Texans have 7 winning records in last 10-seasons -- Panthers have 3.

Panthers have 7 losing records in last 10-seasons -- Texans have 3.

Texans made 6-playoff appearances in last 10-seasons -- Panthers with 4 including one where they fluked in with a losing record.

FYI.

Stop living in the past.  Those days are over.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

You could make a pretty good case that a top five pick getting benched more than once qualifies as "underperforming".

you either commit to a rookie or you have him learn from the sideline behind a vet.  They wanted both IMO.    

Rookie gonna take some lumps.  The bar isn’t to be the ROY or be benched.  

2 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Though it was reported he was benched twice, it was actually once.

He was pulled from their game against the Broncos due to a thumb injury suffered from contact to a helmet. He missed their next game against the lowly Jets with his thumb wrapped. You would want your rookie playing the Jets to build confidence if healthy. Fitz did not bail them out, and in fact threw a game sealing interception late in the endzone against Denver.

The other game he was pulled was the Raider game. This game was 16-13 game when he was pulled. There were other circumstances that figured into this situation. This is the only game Fitz "bailed" them out, and it was mostly luck.

A lot of people miss that Gailey called a different game for Fitz than he did Tua. Maybe Gailey didn't trust Tua. Who knows. But Gailey was fired for a reason.

It also didn't help with no offseason and Tua coming off of a major injury. I'm fine with keeping Tua and I'm fine with Watson. I don't want to give up everything for him though.

If we don't get Watson, I hope ya'll do.

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, byroan said:

A lot of people miss that Gailey called a different game for Fitz than he did Tua. Maybe Gailey didn't trust Tua. Who knows. But Gailey was fired for a reason.

It also didn't help with no offseason and Tua coming off of a major injury. I'm fine with keeping Tua and I'm fine with Watson. I don't want to give up everything for him though.

What would be your max offer for Watson?

8D8451AA-6F4C-44D2-AEDD-E2D5E259BA85.jpeg.baa73cbc782b8e44fefa683180afe2ad.jpeg

I found this on the Jets board. Outside of draft picks, the Jets don’t have a ton to offer player wise. Q would have to be part of their deal but that would leave the cupboard pretty bare. 

Would you do Tua, 3 1st rounders and Wilkins?

1 hour ago, byroan said:

Yes, there was so much to Tuas rookie season that many don't realize. Gailey was hired specifically for a Fitz offense. The weapons weren't good to start with either, but due to injury Tua only played 2 games with the starting weapons before injuries took all of them out and had Mack Hollins as his number 1 guy, yikes! 

18 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

What would be your max offer for Watson?

8D8451AA-6F4C-44D2-AEDD-E2D5E259BA85.jpeg.baa73cbc782b8e44fefa683180afe2ad.jpeg

I found this on the Jets board. Outside of draft picks, the Jets don’t have a ton to offer player wise. Q would have to be part of their deal but that would leave the cupboard pretty bare. 

Would you do Tua, 3 1st rounders and Wilkins?

Personally, looking at Miami, I feel that pick 3 is worth (2) 1st as that is what it would take to move to 3 for a QB. If Miami trades pick 3, then I think they only include one more 1st. If they kept 3 and traded 18 instead, then I think they need to add that 3rd first rounder and a 2nd rounder.