• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL franchise tag period opens Tuesday 

The Moton deal should get done regardless of the tag, he should not have to play on the tag. Moton was around when the Daryl Williams disaster occurred

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article227629209.html

A promising tackle who was SET to have a massive payday. Gets injured twice in 2018 season

Gets signed in 2019 for a one year prove it deal and is not able to regain form

Signs for even yet a cheaper deal last year with Buffalo

If I am Moton and the offer is for Top 3 RT money and guaranteed money is solid, you take that deal 

• Pie 3
4 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

The Moton deal should get done regardless of the tag, he should not have to play on the tag. Moton was around when the Daryl Williams disaster occurred

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article227629209.html

A promising tackle who was SET to have a massive payday. Gets injured twice in 2018 season

Gets signed in 2019 for a one year prove it deal and is not able to regain form

Signs for even yet a cheaper deal last year with Buffalo

If I am Moton and the offer is for Top 3 RT money and guaranteed money is solid, you take that deal 

Have we heard anything about the probability of a deal getting done? We’re in a tricky spot with our draft position as far as getting a QB and a LT in the first two rounds. I’d imagine a LG, outside corner and 3 technique defensive end are next on the list after that. Unless we can sign a LT like Trent Williams I don’t see how we fill these holes. We’ve got a little bit of cap room but a lot of uncertainty about the QB position. 

I've seen some suggestions that teams are going to be slow applying the tags until they have a more firm answer on what the salary cap is going to be (they have until March 9th).

Haven't seen anybody tagged yet today. Saw speculation that the Broncos will tag Justin Simmons but that's about it.

Edited by Mr. Scot
2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've seen some suggestions that teams are going to be slow applying the tags until they have a more firm answer on what the salary cap is going to be (they have until March 9th).

Haven't seen anybody tagged yet today. Saw speculation that the Broncos will tag Justin Simmons but that's about it.

When are they actually going to announce the salary cap? Any ideas? I have heard its coming its coming and nothing comes of it.

3 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

Moton can bet on himself and play the tag game and hope he doesn’t suffer a serious injury. If he gets an offer that provides security and stability he should take it.

For the life of me I don't understand why Marty didn't extend him a year ago.

6 minutes ago, Newbie said:

For the life of me I don't understand why Marty didn't extend him a year ago.

Marty wasn’t the best at what he does unfortunately. Just be glad he’s not our problem any longer. We just have to clean up a few more of his mistakes.