• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign tackle Trent Scott to one-year deal

11 minutes ago, Waldo said:

We all know we can do worse. 

And have, more than once.

Scott is very good depth, at the very least. After watching him last year, I wonder if they'd consider putting Moton on the left and trying out Scott as the starter on the right.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
1 hour ago, PhillyB said:

great signing. he was crucial depth and could play a very important part this season when we get deshaun watson and need to maximize the value of unheralded performers

This was a HUGE signing because he was the best LT on the roster last year when Okung was out.  We may not be able to get a LT if we have to trade back with our second rounder (or lose it) for a QB. Scott has room to improve.  I expect that he will be better in 2021.  Good depth, if nothing else.

• Pie 2
6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Scott is very good depth, at the very least. After watching him last year, I wonder if they'd consider putting Moton on the left and trying out Scott as the starter on the right.

I think they might have done that if they had only had OTAs, camp, preseason, etc.  There is no way they could ignore that possibility without taking a look.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yup. I have no issue with Scott as a backup. I am down for trying almost anything to make LT not as bad but after 4 years I am just going to stop expecting the big move from Moton who isn't even under contract now. I think we need to go ahead and find a long term answer on the left side this offseason. 

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I wonder if they've been keeping Moton on the right to keep his value down?  Then, once they get him signed long term, they plan to move him over to LT full time?  Or is he really just a much better RT than LT?

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

I wonder if they've been keeping Moton on the right to keep his value down?  Then, once they get him signed long term, they plan to move him over to LT full time?  Or is he really just a much better RT than LT?

Only time I think he ever played LT in the actual season was kickoff 2018 I think it was versus DAL, I do not recall him looking terrible.

I also remember Hurney in interviews around that time lauding him as a RT, however Moton who Gettleman drafted in the 2nd round was a starting LT in college, and also played G, & RT.