• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign tackle Trent Scott to one-year deal

18 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

And have, more than once.

Scott is very good depth, at the very least. After watching him last year, I wonder if they'd consider putting Moton on the left and trying out Scott as the starter on the right.

If that is the idea, and it works, and we have Paradis, I expect us to draft IOL late.  A player like Ohio State's Myers can play G--put him at LG for a season or two and let him backup the C spot--and then give him Paradis' gig.  Lotta ways to go if Moton can play LT.

I fear that Moton will be average at LT at best, and we then become average to below average at RT.

Edited by MHS831
30 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

If Daley can be healthy, he can be a player for us...signing Scott helps us as well

This is a key point.  I think Miller was good at RG last year--I expect he may test free agency--but we do not need to pay him more than we paid him last year.  The big problem last year was the left side.  A LG would immediately make this OL better.

17 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

This is a key point.  I think Miller was good at RG last year--I expect he may test free agency--but we do not need to pay him more than we paid him last year.  The big problem last year was the left side.  A LG would immediately make this OL better.

Hasn't there been some discussion of moving Little inside to play LG? Could that be a viable option for the team in 2021?