• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When has a blockbuster NFL trade worked out for the team who gives up everything?

Happy Panther

6 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Steelers trading for Minkah Fitzpatrick.  Seahawks trading for Jamal Adams.  Cardinals trading for Deandre Hopkins.  

to name a few...

What did it get them? The Steelers and Seahawks didn't get a bump from those players and both  are in bad good shape going forward.

And those weren't close to blockbuster trades either.  We beat the Cardinals....lol

• Pie 1

OP should be asking the reverse here.... how many blockbuster trades didnt work out for the team that traded for the player?

Since blockbuster trades arent very common in the NFL, i think its less than you can count on one hand. A quick google search brought me this, and there is only 3 NFL players on here....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2479706-10-blockbuster-trades-that-just-didnt-work-out

1 minute ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

The individual has been a great player but what have the Falcons really done with him?

didnt they get to the super bowl and come within one quarter of winning it? I believed Matt Ryan also won a MVP award thanks to Julio as well.

Oh and Julio jones owns a poo load of WR records as well..... Falcons came out alright in that deal consider over half the nfl cant hit on their 1st round picks.

• Pie 3

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yeah, what’s a blockbuster trade? Giving up 2 1sts? Watson, Allen and Mahomes were all trade ups with either 2 firsts+ or 1 first and 2 seconds. Elway and Eli were pretty big trades. GB trading for Favre worked out. The 49ers gave up their first three picks to move up to the Patriots pick and got Jerry Rice, kind of worked well. 

The trade packages that are being discussed now are exaggerated to the point that about the only comparison is the Herschel Walker trade.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

What did it get them? The Steelers and Seahawks didn't get a bump from those players and both  are in bad good shape going forward.

And those weren't close to blockbuster trades either.  We beat the Cardinals....lol

6 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Remind me of what the teams gave up for those players and the positive results for the teams that acquired them. Just curious

Minkah Fitzpatrick has the most caused turnovers in the NFL over the last 2 seasons with the Steelers and was rated the second best safety in the league.... how did that not work out for the Steelers?

Adams set the record for the most sacks by a secondary player in a single season in nfl history and was the 5th best safety in the league.

Beating a team doesnt change the fact that the trades were good or not. I believe the Cardinals won a bc of Hopkins himself as well... Also, these players are still in the league.... you can't say that they are a failed trade. Hopkins is one of the best WRs in the game... hands down.

These ARE blockbuster trades bc they are trades for the best players at their position that cost a lot of capital for a team to get......