• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goalie News

Stumpy

RALEIGH, NC - Don Waddell, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League's Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has reassigned goaltender Antoine Bibeau to the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League (AHL).

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/canes-reassign-antoine-bibeau-to-chicago/c-321723284

I would assume that means Mrazek will be back soon. I'd imagine he'll be traveling with the team to Tampa. We might not see him in the net for a little bit. But, with Bibeau back in CHI, Petr must be healthy enough to be our emergency 3rd.

Edited by Stumpy
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

The other night they said he was skating and taking hits, but no stick yet.

He's been skating for at last a week or so. From what I understand, teams have to carry a goalie on the taxi squad. I don't think we'd send Bibeau down unless Petr was already stick handling. 

12 hours ago, Stumpy said:

He's been skating for at last a week or so. From what I understand, teams have to carry a goalie on the taxi squad. I don't think we'd send Bibeau down unless Petr was already stick handling. 

We've been carrying him as our third goalie the entire time, just game scratches.

Mrazek still hasn't done any stick work though according to Rod. He has done everything else though. They are definitely giving it a lot of time to heal up properly before even putting a stick in his hand.

Edited by Harbingers

3 hours ago, Harbingers said:

We've been carrying him as our third goalie the entire time, just game scratches.

Mrazek still hasn't done any stick work though according to Rod. He has done everything else though. They are definitely giving it a lot of time to heal up properly before even putting a stick in his hand.

Just looked and saw RBAs comments yesterday. Hopefully he'll have the stick back in his hand soon. I'm glad they are going to let take as long as he needs, though. 

eugene levy johnny rose GIF by Schitt's Creek

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

He has the third lowest xGAA on money puck for those that have started 9+ games and is the lowest(19) goals for those that have started at least 9 games.

happy eugene levy GIF by Schitt's Creekhappy eugene levy GIF by Schitt's Creekhappy eugene levy GIF by Schitt's Creek

Edited by Stumpy