• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers "a top candidate" for HBO's Hard Knocks

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't really think it's clickbait.

Hanzus speculation does make some sense, especially when you remember All or Nothing.

Whether it makes sense or not, it's just speculation. Your thread title indicates that there is some solid info out there that we are actually a top candidate for Hard Knocks. In reality, we are no more of a top candidate than the other 4 teams who can be forced to do it, and likely less of a candidate than teams like the Jaguars who may actively want to do it. I know it's slow right now and the content of the article was worth posting and it's a discussion worth having, but the title is extremely misleading. There's more info out there to support us being a top candidate for Watson than there is to support us being a top candidate for Hard Knocks.

I've never seen my Panthers as a scrub organization. We haven't been. Having been born into Beardom and living in Charlotte at my Panthers birth I'd love it if the former had the Panthers level of success.

A lot of you are whining about a relatively successful franchise. It took KC 50years to get back to the Superbowl. Panthers got there twice in 12 yrs.

I still have Panther pride, although new ownership is racking up loses. This show is for losers. Not no, but heck no!

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, t96 said:

Whether it makes sense or not, it's just speculation. Your thread title indicates that there is some solid info out there that we are actually a top candidate for Hard Knocks. In reality, we are no more of a top candidate than the other 4 teams who can be forced to do it, and likely less of a candidate than teams like the Jaguars who may actively want to do it. I know it's slow right now and the content of the article was worth posting and it's a discussion worth having, but the title is extremely misleading. There's more info out there to support us being a top candidate for Watson than there is to support us being a top candidate for Hard Knocks.

You'll notice the quotation marks...

• Beer 1

If there are 5 teams that can be forced to be the Hard Knocks team, yeah, all five are sort of top candidates. 

Some other years there was 10-12 teams who could be forced. 

Guess the off season is slow right now, for this kind of discussion taking place...

Edited by kass
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

So lame. I can't belive this BS is still going on. It's basically the equivalent of reality TV for men.

All or nothing was legit.

How is Hard Knocks any different than All or Nothing?  Hard Knocks covers Training Camp, All or Nothing covers the regular season....same premise though.

1 hour ago, t96 said:

Also this is very click-baity. There is no report that we're actually a top candidate for Hard Knocks. The article is literally only going through the 5 teams that can be forced to do it, which we are 1 of. There are other teams, like the Jags as mentioned at the end of the article, that could still want to do it. The article is just the author's opinions. Nothing suggests we're actually likely for it or a top candidate other than the fact that we're 1 of 5 teams that can be forced to do it. Which we've known all along...

Son, don't you realize that opinions carry much more weight than facts around here? The only thing more powerful is "sources".

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, joemac said:

How is Hard Knocks any different than All or Nothing?  Hard Knocks covers Training Camp, All or Nothing covers the regular season....same premise though.

Different lenses. One hypes the season trying to make hype out of longshot guys, any drama they can get. The other is more documentation of thr season and because it is after the fact they get a more realistic feel because it's not usable against with the season being over.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 2