• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Pitts

CanadianCat

Don't flame on me too hard here...

Was listening to some podcasts and they stated that Pitts might be the best overall playmaker in the in entire draft. 

If we are are unable to get a QB in the draft and assuming we dont trade for one, is he our best option?

Would you draft him over Fields or Mac Jones?

Yes to answer your last question, but I dont like no one form that group.

I blame Funchess for my opinion on Pitts, cause thats the player I see. Great in breaks, but not well enough to be a WR. Then for a TE hes doesnt block as well and has a WR frame. I seen where teams started to shadow him with their best CB with him and it worked much better than SS, LBs, and nickle CBs. Hes in a weird spot for me, doesnt block well enough for TE and doesnt have the long speed for a outside WR. SO hes some tall limited hybrid slot WR, its hard to get a handle on Pitts. Many others love him, I feel thats cause hes by far the best TE/slot/??? player in the draft. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 2

3 hours ago, Basbear said:

I blame Funchess for my opinion on Pitts, cause thats the player I see. Great in breaks, but not well enough to be a WR. Then for a TE hes doesnt block as well and has a WR frame. I seen where teams started to shadow him with their best CB with him and it worked much better than SS, LBs, and nickle CBs. Hes in a weird spot for me, doesnt block well enough for TE and doesnt have the long speed for a outside WR. SO hes some tall limited hybrid slot WR, its hard to get a handle on Pitts. Many others love him, I feel thats cause hes by far the best TE/slot/??? player in the draft. 

Exactly the same way I feel about him.  If he's still available at our pick and the only QB left is Mac Jones, I hope some team that's in the Pitts hype train looks to trade with us in order to secure him.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Basbear said:

He does block. He got a bad wrap as a Sophmore because we didn’t ask him to block. He blocked dudes 1on1 with no problems this year. He looked great blocking against Bama. 

• Pie 2

51 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Please go back and look at how many 1st round TE's make impact early in their careers.

You shouldn’t punish the prospect for previous prospects contributions. That line of thinking passes up prospects like Herbert because other Oregon QBs have sucked in the pros. 

Look at Kyle Pitts film and numbers and compare them to any recent TE. None of them have come close to matching his production. He played SEC only competition this year and scored a td in all but two games. In those two games he had 5 catches for 81 yards and 7 catches for 128. He had major contributions in every single game he played. There hasn’t been a first round tight end in recent memory who had the production that he has had this year. 

1 hour ago, Varking said:

You shouldn’t punish the prospect for previous prospects contributions. That line of thinking passes up prospects like Herbert because other Oregon QBs have sucked in the pros. 

Look at Kyle Pitts film and numbers and compare them to any recent TE. None of them have come close to matching his production. He played SEC only competition this year and scored a td in all but two games. In those two games he had 5 catches for 81 yards and 7 catches for 128. He had major contributions in every single game he played. There hasn’t been a first round tight end in recent memory who had the production that he has had this year. 

I'm not equating where he went to school or the offense that he played in....I'm stating that rookie TE's tend to struggle...and for a while.

Not interested in a lower tier position group such at TE or S or OLB (4/3) at the 8 spot...or anywhere in the 1st for that matter.

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

I'm not equating where he went to school or the offense that he played in....I'm stating that rookie TE's tend to struggle...and for a while.

Not interested in a lower tier position group such at TE or S or OLB (4/3) at the 8 spot...or anywhere in the 1st for that matter.

I get it. But that’s how you miss out on great players. 

Just now, Varking said:

I get it. But that’s how you miss out on great players. 

Understood, but the fact remains...TE is TOUGH to transition to in the NFL and this team isn't even close to "one piece away" from the playoffs...when you get to that point, we can talk S's and TE's in the 1st.

He's a helluva prospect. He reminds me of Vernon Davis coming out of Maryland. Hell no I wouldn't take him over anyone we think can be a franchise QB.

For the record, Vernon Davis was drafted 6th overall. He was a very good NFL TE but I would argue that he failed to live up to his hype and potential though he did end up 11th all-time among TEs in receiving yardage and 6th for TDs so I wouldn't argue that opinion too hard.

18 hours ago, pantherj said:

It depends on who is available, and what if any, are our trade offers. No trade offers, and the top 4 QBs are off the board, and Sewell is gone, and Chase is gone, then I'll take Kyle Pitts.

If all 6 of those players are gone, I'd personally put Slater, Surtain and Farley ahead of Pitts. Although a rock star TE would fill a big need.

19 hours ago, DeSim said:

Exactly the same way I feel about him.  If he's still available at our pick and the only QB left is Mac Jones, I hope some team that's in the Pitts hype train looks to trade with us in order to secure him.

Hes in the dark horse group for me, just like Kwity Paye. Not for nothing, but the thought of having CMC, Pitts, Samuel, Moore, and Anderson on the field together.....o my god. SOmeone would open 100% of the time. 

19 hours ago, Varking said:

He does block. He got a bad wrap as a Sophmore because we didn’t ask him to block. He blocked dudes 1on1 with no problems this year. He looked great blocking against Bama. 

Id like to see, do you have any vids of him blocking LBs this past year? Do you believe he can block NFL DEs, given his current frame?

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's a helluva prospect. He reminds me of Vernon Davis coming out of Maryland. Hell no I wouldn't take him over anyone we think can be a franchise QB.

For the record, Vernon Davis was drafted 6th overall. He was a very good NFL TE but I would argue that he failed to live up to his hype and potential though he did end up 11th all-time among TEs in receiving yardage and 6th for TDs so I wouldn't argue that opinion too hard.

My cousin played at Maryland and held the dead-lifting record.....until Mr. Davis came to campus. All the records where painted in the weight room, in top ten format. The painters were wore out by the time Davis left, as he owned nearly ALL of them. He was one of the first modern freak shows, before people over used that label. Most of the records were held by DL, OL, LB, and RB and this is recorded history. For TE to break all of them in three years, beyond impressive. 

Edited by Basbear