• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Pitts

CanadianCat

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

My cousin played at Maryland and held the dead-lifting record.....until Mr. Davis came to campus. All the records where painted in the weight room, in top ten format. The painters were wore out by the time Davis left, as he owned nearly ALL of them. He was one of the first modern freak shows, before people over used that label. Most of the records were held by DL, OL, LB, and RB and this is record history. For TE to break all of them in three years, beyond impressive. 

I'm a big UNC fan and he absolutely torched us. I knew he was a really good player but I was like how in the hell is this TE who is 50 pounds heavier than any of our DBs running past our DBs like they're wearing concrete boots??? Then he ran sub-4.4 at the Combine and it was like ohhhhhhh... THAT'S why.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm a big UNC fan and he absolutely torched us. I knew he was a really good player but I was like how in the hell is this TE who is 50 pounds heavier than any of our DBs running past our DBs like they're wearing concrete boots??? Then he ran sub-4.4 at the Combine and it was like ohhhhhhh... THAT'S why.

You think Im joking about the painters, but rumor was they got tired of moving Davis up the ranks. SO they asked Davis to go ahead and break the top mark at the start, rather than slowly climb. So he did.... He was truly gifted about lifting.  

Edited by Basbear

16 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Hes in the dark horse group for me, just like Kwity Paye. Not for nothing, but the thought of having CMC, Pitts, Samuel, Moore, and Anderson on the field together.....o my god. SOmeone would open 100% of the time. 

Id like to see, do you have any vids of him blocking LBs this past year? Do you believe he can block NFL DEs, given his current frame?

My cousin played at Maryland and held the dead-lifting record.....until Mr. Davis came to campus. All the records where painted in the weight room, in top ten format. The painters were wore out by the time Davis left, as he owned nearly ALL of them. He was one of the first modern freak shows, before people over used that label. Most of the records were held by DL, OL, LB, and RB and this is recorded history. For TE to break all of them in three years, beyond impressive. 

Look up the Alabama game this year. He went off receiving per usual but even people in the game day thread about it commented that he wasn’t having a difficult time blocking Bamas defenders and I’d wager a chunk of them are going pro. He’s almost 250 pounds right now. He’s so gifted athletically there’s nothing in my eyes that would prevent him from hitting 260 without losing his ability to cut or jump and that added NFL weight would help him block whoever is lining up over him. 

Vernon Davis was an absolute freak of a man. Look at his final season in 11 games and compare that to Pitts in 7 games. Of which he left 2 of those games before halftime. So in almost half the game time he gets almost as many yards as Davis and double his TD amount. This was truly remarkable productivity out of the TE spot the likes of college football has not seen in recent memory. And this was with everyone in the world knowing Pitts was the top guy at Florida going into this season. It just didn’t matter. He beat everyone all year. We struggled mightily in the red zone during his absence. 

1 minute ago, Varking said:

Look up the Alabama game this year. He went off receiving per usual but even people in the game day thread about it commented that he wasn’t having a difficult time blocking Bamas defenders and I’d wager a chunk of them are going pro. He’s almost 250 pounds right now. He’s so gifted athletically there’s nothing in my eyes that would prevent him from hitting 260 without losing his ability to cut or jump and that added NFL weight would help him block whoever is lining up over him. 

Vernon Davis was an absolute freak of a man. Look at his final season in 11 games and compare that to Pitts in 7 games. Of which he left 2 of those games before halftime. So in almost half the game time he gets almost as many yards as Davis and double his TD amount. This was truly remarkable productivity out of the TE spot the likes of college football has not seen in recent memory. And this was with everyone in the world knowing Pitts was the top guy at Florida going into this season. It just didn’t matter. He beat everyone all year. We struggled mightily in the red zone during his absence. 

250, are we talking about the same player? I thought I seen somewhere he played at 225, but like many listed higher. I miss the combine, especially for a player like Pitts. I'll watch parts of the bama game. Hes like Wilson, Im warmed up lots after having big issues. I know no matter what, if a team is placing their best CB on you, they respect the hell out of you. I think it was the bama game that Nick put Surtain on him and he held him in "check". 

I dont believe in aliens, but Vernon Davis wasnt human. 

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

250, are we talking about the same player? I thought I seen somewhere he played at 225, but like many listed higher. I miss the combine, especially for a player like Pitts. I'll watch parts of the bama game. Hes like Wilson, Im warmed up lots after having big issues. I know no matter what, if a team is placing their best CB on you, they respect the hell out of you. I think it was the bama game that Nick put Surtain on him and he held him in "check". 

I dont believe in aliens, but Vernon Davis wasnt human. 

Vernon Davis had so much more potential in the pros but I never felt like San Fran looked his way enough.  

Surtain did a good job against Pitts not getting beat deep but then he got him on the touchdown pass. Too much of a size and verticals difference. 

Pitts was 225-230 coming out of high school and got up to 235 as a Freshman. He spent the last two years around 240-245. That is, if measurements are reliable but I don’t believe Florida has been guilty of not listing a kids proper height and weight. We’ve been in trouble for plenty of other things though. 

I’m with you, I’ve warmed up to the idea of getting a potential great player on the first round. The only ones that give me pause are the Trey Lance and Mac Jones mocks. And with Lance I can understand picking him but I have a lot of worries about him. Just about anyone else mocked to us I’ve seen the bright side in it. 

4 hours ago, thefuzz said:

I'm not equating where he went to school or the offense that he played in....I'm stating that rookie TE's tend to struggle...and for a while.

Not interested in a lower tier position group such at TE or S or OLB (4/3) at the 8 spot...or anywhere in the 1st for that matter.

I get what your saying, but thats a position of need and we are rebuilding so if it take a year or two to get elite that shouldnt be an issue

29 minutes ago, Varking said:

Gotta remember though, while Trask isn't a great NFL prospect, he was a great college QB. Vernon Davis' college QB situation was straight up atrocious.

On 2/25/2021 at 5:25 PM, CanadianCat said:

I get what your saying, but thats a position of need and we are rebuilding so if it take a year or two to get elite that shouldnt be an issue

Again, show me a 1st round TE that has produced consistently over his first 3 or 4 years in the past decade.

The track record is there, if you choose to ignore it...fine, but it's real.

Well I finally stopped being dumb with Pitts. Broke one of rules with ignoring the competition Pitts put up strong numbers against. I now firmly have Pitts as the 8th overall player for the panthers, up form the 20s. If all the good QBs,LTs, and Chase.... are gone, Pitts should be along the final players for the 8th. 

Shame on me for continually to overlooking SEC opponents that focused on Pitts and he still had great games. I can/should not place too much for blocking, if he is a real game charger. CMC on the left hash and Pitts on the right hash mark, that would/should put most Ds in panic mode. 

Edited by Basbear

30 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Well I finally stopped being dumb with Pitts. Broke one of rules with ignoring the competition Pitts put up strong numbers against. I now firmly have Pitts as the 8th overall player for the panthers, up form the 20s. If all the good QBs,LTs, and Chase.... are gone, Pitts should be along the final players for the 8th. 

Shame on me for continually to overlooking SEC opponents that focused on Pitts and he still had great games. I can/should not place too much for blocking, if he is a real game charger. CMC on the left hash and Pitts on the right hash mark, that would/should put most Ds in panic mode. 

It would also solve the red zone and third down fears lots of people have if we don’t retain Curtis. 

• Poo 1

On 2/25/2021 at 9:59 PM, Varking said:

The Alabama game is where I changed my tune about Pitts - he was Mossing 1st / 2nd round CBs.

He's never going to be an elite all-round TE, but he's a weapon in the passing game. Njoku's development as a blocker whilst at Cleveland has been remarkable - I don't see why Pitts can't do the same. When you're that good as a pass catcher it's just about doing enough ala Olsen, rather than bodying your guy. 

I'd need to fully invest time into scouting him to be on board with taking him at #8 (for example), but if you think he's a mismatch player then you don't hesitate. We already have one in McCaffrey. Pair him with Pitts and the opposition LB / S are going to have nightmares before every Panthers game - or they're assigning a CB to him and your WRs get to play against lesser players. 

THAT to me is what the Draft is about - not rolling the dice on the 4th best QB on the board. 

• Pie 2