• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte real estate market

Ja  Rhule

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, when they told me what they wanted I told my agent to just write it up. It was more than I wanted to pay bit it was also more house than I was looking to buy. There was nothing else on the market that fit what I was looking for. I should add that the place up the road I mentioned earlier is under contract for $150k more than I paid. I'm glad we got this deal done but the sellers are probably kicking themselves. They could've definitely got more. Maybe a lot more. I'll be buying the beers every time we cross paths in town.

Yeah we went over budget but got literally everything we wanted plus more except for school district.

If you would have told me we would have been able to swing this house with 2 acres of land and a pool and a finished basement in charlotte I would have laughed in your face.

• Pie 2

Unfortunately my little sister passed away a couple of weeks ago after a long shitty battle with cancer. I'm in charge of her estate out in Long Beach CA and it's just as crazy out there. She has a 1950s/60s era condo, the realtor says don't go nuts fixing it up, people are waiting in line to take them as is for the moment.

11 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

Unfortunately my little sister passed away a couple of weeks ago after a long shitty battle with cancer. I'm in charge of her estate out in Long Beach CA and it's just as crazy out there. She has a 1950s/60s era condo, the realtor says don't go nuts fixing it up, people are waiting in line to take them as is for the moment.

Sorry to hear that my friend.

15 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

Sorry to hear that, my friend.

My older brother lived in Long Beach for the last 30+ years and recently retired, sold the house and moved to Couer D'Alene, Idaho. Said he'd been planning for over 2 years but COVID in California delayed his departure.

My wife is driving me nuts. When we bought our house in CO, we lived across the country from any family to help and had an infant child. The move was IMMEDIATE. We got all the furniture in the house and everything else was a slow burn that happened when it happened. Major upgrades the same. I renovated the kitchen over the course of a week a year later. Rebuilt the deck and added a patio and gas fire pit over the course of a month two years later. Stuff like that.

With this house, it's like she wants EVERYTHING done NOW. Every time I turn around she's bought more poo expecting me to drop everything and start working on it RIGHT NOW  Like, WTF? Chill. 

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My wife is driving me nuts. When we bought our house in CO, we lived across the country from any family to help and had an infant child. The move was IMMEDIATE. We got all the furniture in the house and everything else was a slow burn that happened when it happened. Major upgrades the same. I renovated the kitchen over the course of a week a year later. Rebuilt the deck and added a patio and gas fire pit over the course of a month two years later. Stuff like that.

With this house, it's like she wants EVERYTHING done NOW. Every time I turn around she's bought more poo expecting me to drop everything and start working on it RIGHT NOW  Like, WTF? Chill. 

I’m hoping this will not be the case with me.  My wife is in charge of furnishing and design so she will buy everything.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I like the brick. Looks similar to the brick on our house, maybe a little darker.

Yea, I think it will look better after they pressure wash it.  I will tho have the darkest house in the hood I think.  It’s going to be unique.