• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte real estate market

Ja  Rhule

This will be my primary hangout. The den downstairs is just one huge open space. That's a 75" TV and I wish I would've splurged and gone bigger. That wall is right at 11'. Ignore the less of cords. There's a wall mounted entertainment center on the way. I hate drop tile ceilings and I'll eventually do something different but that's one of those down the road projects.

PXL_20210429_151830663.jpg

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This will be my primary hangout. The den downstairs is just one huge open space. That's a 75" TV and I wish I would've splurged and gone bigger. That wall is right at 11'. Ignore the less of cords. There's a wall mounted entertainment center on the way. I hate drop tile ceilings and I'll eventually do something different but that's one of those down the road projects.

PXL_20210429_151830663.jpg

we haven't even touched the basement yet but I want to do something similar.  We have the drop ceiling as well, along with some 3" thick striped carpet

2 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Oh by me I mean builder haha

Good call. Porches/decks, yeah I'll build those. Cool. Paver patios? FUG THAT. Especially that one. Having to lug all that filler, sand, and pavers up and down those steps by hand SUCKED. I gave myself turf toe doing that poo. Four years later and my right big toe still ain't right. Definitely made me see turf toe in a whole different light when I used to mock players missing significant time due to it. Nah, fam. I get it now.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Kitchen and living room. It's finally coming together. Still quite of bit of pictures and what not to hang, but it feels like the end of this moving process is finally actually in sight.

PXL_20210429_161953216.jpg

received_762776847714599.jpeg

I'll show yall my kitchen when we finally get stuff put away this weekend.  It needs what we call some updating

• Pie 3

What an interesting thread.  I kept meaning to read it, but work and being pithy in other forums =P

I have been amazing at the market in Harrisburg (NC, not PA).  We get 2-3 cold calls a week asking if we want to sell.  We get weekly Opendoor emails and letters trying to entice us as well.

It's nuts.  Talking to my realtor friend, The 'Burg is just red hot right now.  We have no intention of moving.  Been there five years this month.  So happy with our home.  Managed to get new roof, windows and a tankless hot water heater with some help from a storm right after we moved in.  Finally got the grass looking good...

But someone offering $120k over what we paid, in some cases over $400,000...sheesh.  That's tempting, except we couldn't afford a new place near where we are.