• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte real estate market

Ja  Rhule

7 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

We got a puppy to go with a new build.  Addition to our family.

1E8327A6-8C5E-4F80-9685-84F526EEB1F3.jpeg

3FCEC0F9-6420-4881-A5AF-85DA7B11A006.jpeg

Super cute little guy. We have 3 and didn't realize how unhappy they were on an 8th of an acre until we brought them here. Also it takes a long damn time to cut 2 acres 😕

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Super cute little guy. We have 3 and didn't realize how unhappy they were on an 8th of an acre until we brought them here. Also it takes a long damn time to cut 2 acres 😕

Oh yea, for sure.  I got 1/2 acre and that’s too much grass to mow. 

40 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Oh yea, for sure.  I got 1/2 acre and that’s too much grass to mow. 

I spent about an hour and a half on the land behind the fence this evening.  It's kinda fun chugging along at full speed though

16 hours ago, toldozer said:

I spent about an hour and a half on the land behind the fence this evening.  It's kinda fun chugging along at full speed though

I would love to have that kind of land.  Maybe one day.  My goal is to own 10+ acres in the mountain.

Day 24 of the big ass house saga.  Got the back acre and a half of grass mowed in an hour and a half today. Not cautious this time, just let it rip. Finally moved most of our clothes up from the basement and into our closets. To be fair we were waiting on the painter for 20 of those days

On 4/30/2021 at 6:23 AM, d-dave said:

What an interesting thread.  I kept meaning to read it, but work and being pithy in other forums =P

I have been amazing at the market in Harrisburg (NC, not PA).  We get 2-3 cold calls a week asking if we want to sell.  We get weekly Opendoor emails and letters trying to entice us as well.

It's nuts.  Talking to my realtor friend, The 'Burg is just red hot right now.  We have no intention of moving.  Been there five years this month.  So happy with our home.  Managed to get new roof, windows and a tankless hot water heater with some help from a storm right after we moved in.  Finally got the grass looking good...

But someone offering $120k over what we paid, in some cases over $400,000...sheesh.  That's tempting, except we couldn't afford a new place near where we are.  

Same. I got offer for $125k over what I paid for my house exactly one year ago lol. Only out about 5k worth of repairs in it. Course I am not in NC.

But just like you said I’d have no where to go where my profit wouldn’t really matter.

Seriously debating taking it and just living in an apartment for 1-2 years until this settles and have 100k+ in the bank.

My realtor said to hang tight, he’s thinking it’ll cap during that time around another 25%ish increase.

Edited by onmyown

On 5/12/2021 at 9:13 PM, onmyown said:

Same. I got offer for $125k over what I paid for my house exactly one year ago lol. Only out about 5k worth of repairs in it. Course I am not in NC.

But just like you said I’d have no where to go where my profit wouldn’t really matter.

Seriously debating taking it and just living in an apartment for 1-2 years until this settles and have 100k+ in the bank.

My realtor said to hang tight, he’s thinking it’ll cap during that time around another 25%ish increase.

I'm hoping 2 years don't want it to be a mistake renting out our old house.  So far we are 1 for 1 on on time rent payments. 

• 2 weeks later...