• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte real estate market

Ja  Rhule

4 minutes ago, d-dave said:

It's getting nuts.  We are getting calls from opendoor and other investors offering us double what we paid for our house...Sheesh.

If you're getting those offers you'll sell for 15-20% more then what they say is a great offer. If you're in the Charlotte area and you're considering taking an open door offer please talk to me first lol

52 minutes ago, toldozer said:

If you're getting those offers you'll sell for 15-20% more then what they say is a great offer. If you're in the Charlotte area and you're considering taking an open door offer please talk to me first lol

Oh no, we have no intention of selling.  We know we could get more on the market,  it's just nuts how the prices are sky rocketing. 

8 hours ago, Inimicus said:

This is Denver and not Charlotte but...

House in the neighborhood with the same floor plan and a slightly bigger yard hit the market 3 weeks ago for 230K over what we paid.  Closed at 140k over list in 10 days.

That's getting in the range of 2x for us.

We gotta get out of this house.  Not doing so at this point is financially irresponsible.

Hell, I left Colorado almost two years ago because it was already to the point that staying felt financially irresponsible and it's way more expensive now than it was even then.

19 hours ago, Inimicus said:

This is Denver and not Charlotte but...

House in the neighborhood with the same floor plan and a slightly bigger yard hit the market 3 weeks ago for 230K over what we paid.  Closed at 140k over list in 10 days.

That's getting in the range of 2x for us.

We gotta get out of this house.  Not doing so at this point is financially irresponsible.

Careful.

Totally depends on what your interest rate is, and how long into the mortgage you are.

Also, where are you going to go.  If you can live out in the country, great, but most don't want to.

If I sold right now, I'd buy a ton of acreage and build my home, and subdivide and build about 10 more units to pay for itself.

On 5/13/2022 at 12:38 PM, Grace Haley said:

Any commercial real estate available? I am going to move to North Carolina and want to open my little store 

While searching for the place for my future bakery, I also found online service that allows to register LLC online  https://bestllcservices.co/start-an-llc-in-north-carolina/I think it is great option for those who don't like burocracy and wasting time on that.