• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kiper Mock 2.0: Mac Jones to Panthers at #8.

Proudiddy

49 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

I mean, his BEST case scenario is Matt Ryan?  I'd take prime Matt Ryan obviously, but theres like a 5% chance he's even that good?  Would be about the most disappointing pick possible IMO. 

If QBs fly off the board, give me the #1 OT, WR, DE, DT, CB, whatever as opposed to the #5 QB. 

Only difference I would take a center or a guard at 2.  We have enough receivers if we resign Samuel.  Anderson is under contract this year and we still have DJ.  Curtis was coming into his own this year.  A good offensive line can even make a decent QB look good.  I believe the Oline was a lot of TB's problem this year.  Just think he was the talk of the town, but he had a good OLine in NO's

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Think about how inaccurate mocks are likely to be in general. Not many small school prospects played, opt outs, no Combine, etc, etc. 

It is gonna be a crazy draft.

Yup. This year in particular. 

Last year was so trade light early only because teams weren't adjusted to the format and wanted to just stick to the plan with the wild pandemic draft deal.  They will be more adjusted to the remote aspects this year and factoring in all the things not happening, could be SUPER interesting.  Their in-season scouting & internal powows become pretty critical.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Think about how inaccurate mocks are likely to be in general. Not many small school prospects played, opt outs, no Combine, etc, etc. 

It is gonna be a crazy draft.

Yeah. This all day. Mocks are generally pretty far off the mark in normal times. Mocks this year should be taken with a truckload of salt.

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, cmichd54 said:

Only difference I would take a center or a guard at 2.  We have enough receivers if we resign Samuel.  Anderson is under contract this year and we still have DJ.  Curtis was coming into his own this year.  A good offensive line can even make a decent QB look good.  I believe the Oline was a lot of TB's problem this year.  Just think he was the talk of the town, but he had a good OLine in NO's

Their OL was better but his sack percentage in 2019 was 5.8% and it was 5.9% in 2020. His pressure percentage was 20% in 2019 and 19.8% in 2020. His bad throw percentage was 11.8% in 2019 and 13.0% in 2020. His completion percentage about expectation was +0.6 in 2019 and +2.3 in 2020.

So, in reality his performances in 2019 and 2020 were fairly similar, even with the better supporting cast in NO. They just had a team that was so good that it was able to win with him at QB. Hell, look at Taysom Hill going 3-1 with the Saints last year. We all know what a joke he is as a QB. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

Man, idgaf what anyone says...  dude should not even be considered in the first 3 rounds, imo.  Definitely not the first, at all.  I just don't get it.

I honestly won't be surprised if he's mocked to us several times between now and the draft.

Doesn't really mean anything though.