• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kiper Mock 2.0: Mac Jones to Panthers at #8.

Proudiddy

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

Man, idgaf what anyone says...  dude should not even be considered in the first 3 rounds, imo.  Definitely not the first, at all.  I just don't get it.

He won a natty, looked good doing it, and there's the inevitable comparisons to Tom Brady. People want to find the next Brady and they can convince themselves he's it. He's smart, not a great athlete, but delivers the ball on time to his playmakers. Again, it's all about story over facts. People tell themselves a story, anchor to it, and can't get off of it. Doesn't surprise me in the least.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Please let me re-iterate:

Mock Drafts between now and right before the draft are created for clicks and views and they make dumb changes to get people talking and visiting their crap more. 

I will not be taking any mock as gospel until right before the draft. 

Very good points.

That being said, hasn't Kiper's final mocks been pretty accurate over the years?

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't really know that anybody's movks have been "pretty accurate" beyond picks one and two.

Idk why, I thought I read somewhere that he had a really high hit rate a few years back...  but, admittedly I haven't kept up with it as much recently.

31 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Idk why, I thought I read somewhere that he had a really high hit rate a few years back...  but, admittedly I haven't kept up with it as much recently.

No, you're not wrong. I think as far as draft pundits go his mocks are right at the top of the bell curve. He's not the worst and he's not the best. The draft really is a crapshoot, some teams take guys off the board for reasons others don't mind and when trades are made it throws everything completely out of whack. 

I think he basis his mock around team needs, whereas some base their mocks around BPA and or scheme fit.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Think about how inaccurate mocks are likely to be in general. Not many small school prospects played, opt outs, no Combine, etc, etc. 

It is gonna be a crazy draft.

Just look at Kiper's final mock and then realize how having any emotional reaction to a mock is a waste of energy.

I had ESPN on at work this morning. I saw a report saying that New England is looking to move up to #9 to take Lance. I did a double take when I saw it because I had already seen this thread. Does Kiper think we'd pick Mac Jones over Trey Lance if Lance is available at #8? 

I'm not sure I'd take a QB in round one this year with all of our other needs, but if I did there's no way I'm taking Jones or Lance if the latter is available.

Edited by SCO96
  • Pie 1

I'm not a Trey Lance fan at all, but there is NO WAY you take Jones over Lance at any point.  I'm not sure Jones is even Kellen Mond or Jamie Newman.  He's definitely no Trey Lance.

If you draft Lance, at least there's the chance that you just drafted the next Kyler Murray / Lamar Jackson / Josh Allen / etc.