• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kiper Mock 2.0: Mac Jones to Panthers at #8.

Proudiddy

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

I'm not a Trey Lance fan at all, but there is NO WAY you take Jones over Lance at any point.  I'm not sure Jones is even Kellen Mond or Jamie Newman.  He's definitely no Trey Lance.

If you draft Lance, at least there's the chance that you just drafted the next Kyler Murray / Lamar Jackson / Josh Allen / etc.

And, if you draft Lance you don't necessarily have to start him in year one if he isn't ready. You could ride with Teddy in 2021 knowing that Lance should be in position to take over in 2022 or 2023. I don't even think Lance is 21 yet so there's no need to rush things.

2 hours ago, shaqattaq said:

In this scenario, we pick him over Lance. That's the 2nd mock in 2 days that have us doing that.

I know the NFL Draft is about projection, but one dude played two years for Alabama and won the National Championship putting up ridiculous numbers on a loaded team.

The other played a single season in the FBS (and hasn't played in a year) and won the National Championship putting up ridiculous numbers on a loaded team. 

If you can't see why some teams would have Jones above Lance then I don't know what to tell you. 

41 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I know the NFL Draft is about projection, but one dude played two years for Alabama and won the National Championship putting up ridiculous numbers on a loaded team.

The other played a single season in the FBS (and hasn't played in a year) and won the National Championship putting up ridiculous numbers on a loaded team. 

If you can't see why some teams would have Jones above Lance then I don't know what to tell you. 

I just haven't seen in any Mock drafts it before yesterday. Lance had pretty much been the consensus #4 QB, right or wrong.

22 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

I just haven't seen in any Mock drafts it before yesterday. Lance had pretty much been the consensus #4 QB, right or wrong.

I would not say Lance is the #4.  Some places have him as the #3 in front of Fields.  Depends on where you look and who you listen to.

Kiper's mock draft from a year ago. He got our pick right but that looks more like dumb luck than anything.

1. Cincinnati Bengals: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU

2. Washington Redskins: Chase Young, Edge, Ohio State

3. Detroit Lions: Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama

4. New York Giants: Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State

5. Miami Dolphins: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon

6. Los Angeles Chargers: Jedrick Wills Jr., OT, Alabama

7. Carolina Panthers: Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn

8. Arizona Cardinals: Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa

9. Jacksonville Jaguars: Isaiah Simmons, OLB, Clemson

10. Cleveland Browns: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville