• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kiper Mock 2.0: Mac Jones to Panthers at #8.

Proudiddy

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

There wouldn't be any real reason to start Teddy over him. He(Jones) is supposed to be a prospect that is "NFL ready." Put him out on the field so you can know after year one that he isn't that answer and move on.

If we use a top 10 pick on Jones and only give him a year to figure it out I would consider that a wasted pick.

• Pie 2

Just now, kungfoodude said:

If Jones doesn't inspire the confidence to sit Teddy, then there is absolutely no reason to even select him. Jones is a prospect that isn't likely to get much better. Classic low ceiling, low floor player. 

I just prefer he get a more gradual introduction to playing in the NFL, though I generally feel that way about most rookies.

For example, we could have him come off the bench and finish out the fourth quarter in games where we're winning in a blowout.

Part of the fun of the internet is that you have no idea whether I'm wearing a straight face right now 😐

3 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

If we use a top 10 pick on Jones and only give him a year to figure it out I would consider that a wasted pick.

Well taking him in the top 10 would be a wasted pick anyway but hypothetically if you didn't believe that then I will say that with the rookie contracts being what they are, it is a lot easier to move on in recent years.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I just prefer he get a more gradual introduction to playing in the NFL, though I generally feel that way about most rookies.

For example, we could have him come off the bench and finish out the fourth quarter in games where we're winning in a blowout.

Part of the fun of the internet is that you have no idea whether I'm wearing a straight face right now 😐

He isn't supposed to be a guy that needs much of an introduction. If you don't believe him him being a heady player and throwing with anticipation, etc, etc......then what in the world is the draw? 

34 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He isn't supposed to be a guy that needs much of an introduction. If you don't believe him him being a heady player and throwing with anticipation, etc, etc......then what in the world is the draw? 

It's just my philosophy.

Remember, Patrick Mahomes sat his rookie season.

1 hour ago, ImaginaryKev said:

He feels like a great backup in the league

Ya don't take great backups in the top ten.   I'm just not a fan that early.  Yeah, top of the second or something sure.  In my opinion all the qbs stock are grossly inflated.  Trevor is legit.  After that they all have question marks.  They all are more like 2nd round guys when compared to lots of non-qb guys.  

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

The only QB that might be “ready” week one is Lawrence. He has multiple year experience in a pro style offense against elite talent and the skill set to extend a play if it breaks down. All the rest should sit at least part of the season...

I agree with this. Even then, Lawrence will take his lumps. Like Manning, he'll have to adjust to the speed of the game and those windows he used to have will get a fraction of their size. 

Since Kiper said it, we don't have to worry about it!  How often has Kiper been horrifically wrong on our picks specifically?

I get that he looks like a classic back up type, 15 years of clipboard holding and spot duty kind of guy.  Rhule liked him, said he was an alpha.  He's not the most physically gifted, threw to the best athletes in the world who were wide open, and comes from a school with a poor QB track record.

I mean, if the Panthers think that...ok, then let's hope he's our guy.  While it's fun to talk up and down the draft right now, it's really up to the guys in the FO to figure out how to make our team.