• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kiper Mock 2.0: Mac Jones to Panthers at #8.

Proudiddy

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That is a fuging nightmare scenario. Jones would really have to be a Tom Brady level competitor for him to rise above his below average to average NFL skillset. 

I’m still in the trust rhule camp and will be on board 110% if he is the pick, that said this pick whomever it’s is will be the key or downfall to his tenure so I suspect they know this and will do extensive research on all fronts.   It will be a hard pill to swallow if it’s Jones over lance for sure but I think Jones can probably be a starter in the nfl.  A Kirk cousins or Matt Ryan    

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That is a fuging nightmare scenario. Jones would really have to be a Tom Brady level competitor for him to rise above his below average to average NFL skillset. 

Kung and where was Brady drafted at.  I believe 6 or 7th round.  Remember they made fun of him when he started the NE/Raiders Championship game.  I always believed the Raiders got screwed that game when they called his arm going forward instead of a fumble recovery by the Raiders.  Seem like he always got the calls in his early years.

31 minutes ago, cmichd54 said:

BurnNChinn they thought the same thing about Delhomme in New Orleans.  Why they let us sign him away.  Any QB we draft is going to be thrown to the wolves unless we can pick up some solid OLine this year. We still need a tackle, center, and a guard.  We are a year behind since we went all defense last year.

We don’t need all that.

On 2/25/2021 at 8:45 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

At least Lance has the talent to justify the pick. Jones just doesn't. We can hit on other picks and it still won't be okay unless one of those other picks is a QB. You can't compete for championships in today's NFL with a JAG QB.

I remember you being very strongly against Herbert last year too. 

Look at the player not the Helmet.  Was he throwing to wide open guys? Absolutely but he was making pinpoint throws more often than not. Great movement in the pocket and has more than functional ability to improv and throw on the run.

Even if he turns out to be a Joe Flacco/Jay Cutler ceiling we'll be fine with him. 

Just now, Rags said:

Look at the player not the Helmet.  Was he throwing to wide open guys? Absolutely but he was making pinpoint throws more often than not. Great movement in the pocket and has more than functional ability to improv and throw on the run.

Even if he turns out to be a Joe Flacco/Jay Cutler ceiling we'll be fine with him. 

I will take another position of talent at 8 before I take jones. He is most definitely not a first rd pick I don’t care what anyone says on tv, media or this board. Rhule should be fired if that’s the pick there are way more guys u could pick over him.

5 minutes ago, Rags said:

Remember why I was down on Herbert though. It was all about that offensive system. I said over and over that he checks every physical trait box. Jones checks none other than height at 6'3".

38 minutes ago, cmichd54 said:

Kung and where was Brady drafted at.  I believe 6 or 7th round.  Remember they made fun of him when he started the NE/Raiders Championship game.  I always believed the Raiders got screwed that game when they called his arm going forward instead of a fumble recovery by the Raiders.  Seem like he always got the calls in his early years.

Brady is the ultimate outlier jfc

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Remember why I was down on Herbert though. It was all about that offensive system. I said over and over that he checks every physical trait box. Jones checks none other than height at 6'3".

This, the top four guys all bring traits and talent to the table, after that everyone is a great backup prospect

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I’m still in the trust rhule camp and will be on board 110% if he is the pick, that said this pick whomever it’s is will be the key or downfall to his tenure so I suspect they know this and will do extensive research on all fronts.   It will be a hard pill to swallow if it’s Jones over lance for sure but I think Jones can probably be a starter in the nfl.  A Kirk cousins or Matt Ryan    

IMO he has a lower ceiling than Ryan does but Cousins isn't a bad comparison. I still kind of think that is really his best case scenario, however.

What I will say is that he will be ready to play in 2021 versus Lance. Lance is immensely more talented but he has a lot of mechanical issues and just really needs more game reps and field experience to be at the place Jones is right now. 

I do wonder if that will have an impact on us potentially drafting a guy like Lance because he might need a year or two on the bench before he is ready for primetime. 

45 minutes ago, cmichd54 said:

Brady was a 6th round draft pick. He has always been an insanely level competitor and the stories about this are pretty legendary. That's a pretty rare thing to have so to assume someone like Jones is that guy, isn't wise. 

I am not a big Jones fan. I CERTAINLY would be upset to take him at #8 but if we take him in the second round, I would understand. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Rags said:

Both of those players have waaaaayyyyy better arms than him.. Credibility gets hurt when you make statements that show you clearly don't know this player..

2 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Both of those players have waaaaayyyyy better arms than him.. Credibility gets hurt when you make statements that show you clearly don't know this player..

Herbert obviously has better arm talent. But that alone not why Herbert was a great player this season.

I like Mac Jones. I think he can become a very good QB in the NFL. He' a got a good arm and he has shown he can make every throw you can ask for. Great pocket movement. Doesn't have a cannon like any of the top prospects in this draft, but I think he fits in a system much like Brady's like a glove. 

Personally I like trying to trade up to 3 and getting whoever is there between Fields or Wilson the best but i don't think walking away with Mac at 8 and building our roster up through the draft doesn't hurt either. This coaching staff has shown they know how to get the most out of what  they have. And if they like Mac Jones, a guy they had a week long interview with at 8? Cool. If not? Cool. Tons of talent in the top 8 this year.

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, Rags said:

Herbert obviously has better arm talent. But that alone not why Herbert was a great player this season.

I like Mac Jones. I think he can become a very good QB in the NFL. He' a got a good arm and he has shown he can make every throw you can ask for. Great pocket movement. Doesn't have a cannon like any of the top prospects in this draft, but I think he fits in a system much like Brady's like a glove. 

Personally I like trying to trade up to 3 and getting whoever is there between Fields or Wilson the best but i don't think walking away with Mac at 8 and building our roster up through the draft doesn't hurt either. This coaching staff has shown they know how to get the most out of what  they have. And if they like Mac Jones, a guy they had a week long interview with at 8? Cool. If not? Cool. Tons of talent in the top 8 this year.

throw up i feel sick GIF by The Detour