• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kiper Mock 2.0: Mac Jones to Panthers at #8.

Proudiddy

16 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Tepper will spend money to offset the cost of draft picks. I don't want to lose the players they're asking for, I can live with losing four firsts when we can spend money to fill holes with this rich ass owner and all of our young talent look like elites who you can build around minus a QB. The offensive line can be fixed with cheap free agents and better drafting which we seem to be doing if last year is an indicator. Plus our coaching staff coached the Senior Bowl, we have the inside scoop on those guys this year. I'm fine with going all in for Watson, or drafting a guy. 

Also, Watson is that good, check his stats. 

I have paid attention  to Watson since he left Clemson.  He is an okay QB but he is not worth giving up that number of draft choices to acquire.  We just need to say we agree to disagree

On 2/25/2021 at 8:46 PM, kungfoodude said:

There wouldn't be any real reason to start Teddy over him. He(Jones) is supposed to be a prospect that is "NFL ready." Put him out on the field so you can know after year one that he isn't that answer and move on.

Lance redshirted his freshman year at NDSU but he’s “NFL ready”?

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

Alabama insider Charlie Potter shared a story from Alabama safety Jared Mayden about Jones’ time on the Crimson Tide’s scout team. As the story goes, Jones wouldn’t stop “throwing bombs” to wide receiver Tyrell Shavers.

Nick Saban wasn’t happy about it and said to Jones, “Man, stop throwing it to him all the time.” Mac Jones quipped back, “Well, tell your defense to stop it.”

• I love this swag.  He was beating the Bama D deep in practice with the second teamers and (respectfully, he said afterwards) talked smack to Saban. 
  • Rhule called him intelligent--very intelligent. 
  • He may not be the answer, but if you give him a line, weapons, and a defense, he can throw for 4500 yards in a 13-game season, with 42 TDs vs 4 ints.  Imagine what he can do if we build the OL and get him a TE?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

On 2/27/2021 at 7:28 PM, Rags said:

Herbert obviously has better arm talent. But that alone not why Herbert was a great player this season.

I like Mac Jones. I think he can become a very good QB in the NFL. He' a got a good arm and he has shown he can make every throw you can ask for. Great pocket movement. Doesn't have a cannon like any of the top prospects in this draft, but I think he fits in a system much like Brady's like a glove. 

Personally I like trying to trade up to 3 and getting whoever is there between Fields or Wilson the best but i don't think walking away with Mac at 8 and building our roster up through the draft doesn't hurt either. This coaching staff has shown they know how to get the most out of what  they have. And if they like Mac Jones, a guy they had a week long interview with at 8? Cool. If not? Cool. Tons of talent in the top 8 this year.

It helps..

Sorry  I agree to disagree with you about Mac.. He is statue with a avg arm.. That screams career Backup... Or QB that needs every other position around him to be good for them to succeed.. Not what I want in a QB of today's game. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

On 2/28/2021 at 3:34 PM, cmichd54 said:

I have paid attention  to Watson since he left Clemson.  He is an okay QB but he is not worth giving up that number of draft choices to acquire.  We just need to say we agree to disagree

Stop reading after "Watson a Okay QB" ..lol

• Beer 1

22 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Stop reading after "Watson a Okay QB" ..lol

So did Deshaun win the MVP award this year?  No.  How many AFC championship games has he won. 0 How many Playoff games 1  So you think this guy is as good as Slice bread.  I would trade even for MCM for him and that is it.  He was 70.5 QBR'ing and was 12th best in the league.  He might be decent but he is not worth what everyone wants to give up. 

• The D 1
  • Poo 1

31 minutes ago, cmichd54 said:

So did Deshaun win the MVP award this year?  No.  How many AFC championship games has he won. 0 How many Playoff games 1  So you think this guy is as good as Slice bread.  I would trade even for MCM for him and that is it.  He was 70.5 QBR'ing and was 12th best in the league.  He might be decent but he is not worth what everyone wants to give up. 

No but passing for almost 5,000 yards 33tds 7ints a QB rating of 116.00 with no blocking and a lackluster surrounding cast.. Is by most non crack head opinion more then just okay...

• The D 1

Two Jones takes I have heard. Johnathan Jones called the his panther sources about Jones being Mocked to them, he said they gave him a hard laugh. No chance they said. 

Another is if you compare Tuas season with Jones season, Jones looked better with about the same team. Tua was picked 5th overall with a terrible injury. Im no Jones fan at all, but its very easy to see why Jones could be a top ten pick given this simple comparison. I want constant playoffs appearances that lead to SB wins, Trey Lance can give that, Jones can not(unless on a team of all-pros).

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

No but passing for almost 5,000 yards 33tds 7ints a QB rating of 116.00 with no blocking and a lackluster surrounding cast.. Is by most non crack head opinion more then just okay...

I am going by ESPN QBR which 70.5                                                                                                                      Deshaun Watson Stats, News, Bio | ESPN                                                                                                                

2020 SEASON STATS

YDS4,823
1st
TD33
Tied-7th
INT7
Tied-7th
QBR70.5
12th

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, cmichd54 said:

I am going by ESPN QBR which 70.5                                                                                                                      Deshaun Watson Stats, News, Bio | ESPN                                                                                                                

2020 SEASON STATS

YDS4,823
1st
TD33
Tied-7th
INT7
Tied-7th
QBR70.5
12th

So you will neglect all the other stats that disagree with your opinion...

Cool got it.  

Lol

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

So you will neglect all the other stats that disagree with your opinion...

Cool got it.  

Lol

No If I am wrong I will admit it but Watson is not that damn good.  Go look at his completion rate against the better teams who had decent defensive backs for the last 5 games.  Chicago shut him down for a 41% passing rating.  Not saying he can't lead this team.  I am saying he is not a generational QB and trading for him is the silliest thing I heard especially giving up 3 1st rounds, 2 to 3 2nd rounds, and players it would take to seal the deal.  This is not a damn movie like Draft Day.  Watson is a decent QB not a great QB.  Hell Wilson is just as good as Watson and he has won a SB and lost one SB.  Still not giving the farm away for him either.

• Poo 1

45 minutes ago, cmichd54 said:

No If I am wrong I will admit it but Watson is not that damn good.  Go look at his completion rate against the better teams who had decent defensive backs for the last 5 games.  Chicago shut him down for a 41% passing rating.  Not saying he can't lead this team.  I am saying he is not a generational QB and trading for him is the silliest thing I heard especially giving up 3 1st rounds, 2 to 3 2nd rounds, and players it would take to seal the deal.  This is not a damn movie like Draft Day.  Watson is a decent QB not a great QB.  Hell Wilson is just as good as Watson and he has won a SB and lost one SB.  Still not giving the farm away for him either.

Cool Agree to disagree..

• Beer 1