• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kiper Mock 2.0: Mac Jones to Panthers at #8.

Proudiddy

On 3/1/2021 at 7:48 PM, WOW!! said:

It helps..

Sorry  I agree to disagree with you about Mac.. He is statue with a avg arm.. That screams career Backup... Or QB that needs every other position around him to be good for them to succeed.. Not what I want in a QB of today's game. 

That's completely fair. I think he has above average (no where near the Elite canons the other QBs in the draft, and I 100% agree he dulls in comparison to those arms. But I still like him. And I still think he's a 1st round talent easy.  Yeah he threw to wide open guys but that's not his fault. Fields threw to wide open guys all the time (and note: I like Fields as a prospect more than Jones) but we still hype of Fields. I think the little things Mac does, shoulder fackes, holding safeties, decision making, etc is second to only TL (and in the case of Shoulder Fakes and DB manipulation I'd give a slight edge to Macorkie) and if a 5eam can make it to the SB with a solid playmaking defense and a top 5 HB with Jared fugin Goff getting spoonfed Info I have no doubt Jones can do that too, he's  a wayyyyy better prospect coming out than Goff was.

That all said could be wrong! I'm not gonna act like he's a burner but if he puts up something like a 4.9-5.0 I don't have too much concern personally  I think he has good enough improv skills and I think improvisation as a whole while strong, is a tad overated as guys with very average to okay mobility have been in the SB more recently than not, but I'm Also not gonna act like the NFL isn't treading that way and that someone like Jones COULD get phased out.

14 minutes ago, Rags said:

That's completely fair. I think he has above average (no where near the Elite canons the other QBs in the draft, and I 100% agree he dulls in comparison to those arms. But I still like him. And I still think he's a 1st round talent easy.  Yeah he threw to wide open guys but that's not his fault. Fields threw to wide open guys all the time (and note: I like Fields as a prospect more than Jones) but we still hype of Fields. I think the little things Mac does, shoulder fackes, holding safeties, decision making, etc is second to only TL (and in the case of Shoulder Fakes and DB manipulation I'd give a slight edge to Macorkie) and if a 5eam can make it to the SB with a solid playmaking defense and a top 5 HB with Jared fugin Goff getting spoonfed Info I have no doubt Jones can do that too, he's  a wayyyyy better prospect coming out than Goff was.

That all said could be wrong! I'm not gonna act like he's a burner but if he puts up something like a 4.9-5.0 I don't have too much concern personally  I think he has good enough improv skills and I think improvisation as a whole while strong, is a tad overated as guys with very average to okay mobility have been in the SB more recently than not, but I'm Also not gonna act like the NFL isn't treading that way and that someone like Jones COULD get phased out.

Just a question.. Would you say he more athletic and has a better or same arm strength as Matt Ryan or, Andy Dalton... 

2 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Just a question.. Would you say he more athletic and has a better or same arm strength as Matt Ryan or, Andy Dalton... 

I'd say they're all comparable tbh. Matt Ryan/Eli Manning is a pretty fair comp imo, though I'd say he's better ar moving in the pocket and throwing off platform than both. I also think he has a better ability to throw on a rope than Ryan too. 

8 minutes ago, Rags said:

I'd say they're all comparable tbh. Matt Ryan/Eli Manning is a pretty fair comp imo, though I'd say he's better ar moving in the pocket and throwing off platform than both. I also think he has a better ability to throw on a rope than Ryan too. 

The moving around in the pocket thing is a misnomal until we see him behind a bad Oline that isn't dominating lower competition.. I think Matt has the better arm.. But I believe all three couldn't carry a team if they aren't put in favorable situations...

3 hours ago, WOW!! said:

The moving around in the pocket thing is a misnomal until we see him behind a bad Oline that isn't dominating lower competition.. I think Matt has the better arm.. But I believe all three couldn't carry a team if they aren't put in favorable situations...

I'd agree with that latter part. But I think there's only a handful of QBs that can elevate their team with 2< playmakers on their team, and maybe only about 2 in the league right now.

That said there's not many QBs who can survive behind a bad O-line. This isnt a knock on Watson but even with all.of his skills the Texans went out of their way to build that O-Line around him, at least the Tackles anyway. And look at Russ making noise because he's tired of getting hit. Any QB is gonna need an O-Line if they want to be able to consistently press downfield, if the pocket fugs up then a lot of QBs are gonns break down. I've seen Alabmas line give up quick pressure and Jones move around with a plan in the pocket to make a throw. If the pocket allows that and not instant "haha you're fuged" pressure there's not a single reason to believe Jones can't do that in the NFL. 

15 hours ago, Mister said:

rhule wants to move on from bridgewater because he is not athletic enough,wouldnt make sense to get mac jones .

I thought he wanted to move on from Teddy because he’s a pussy and afraid to push the ball downfield. If you need a yard, Teddy will get you two. If you need eight yards, Teddy will get you two.