• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peyton Ramsey: Potential late round developmental QB prospect from the Big Ten

SCO96

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-draft-prospects-2021-updated-big-board-player-rankings/

I came across this site yesterday. It has a nice breakdown on pretty much every QB eligible for the 2021 draft. We are all familiar with the ones at the top of the list so I decided to focus on the less heralded prospects. I was slightly intrigued with #10. 

Northwestern_logo.gif Peyton Ramsey, QB, Northwestern
Height: 6-2. Weight: 220.
Projected 40 Time: 4.77.
Projected Round (2021): 5-7.

2/23/21: Ramsey was a gutsy signal-caller who pushed his team to the Big Ten Championship in 2020. He flashed a quality arm with passing ability as a senior, but also threw the ball well as a sophomore and junior. Over the past three seasons, Ramsey was held back by a lack of talent at receiver, but he was a steadily productive player for the Wildcats. Ramsey could be a solid backup quarterback in the NFL.

Ramsey scored a 30 on his Wonderlic test, and that would have put him among the top-three scoring quarterbacks in the 2020 NFL Draft class. Teams like Ramsey's intangibles and intelligence.

---

I've never seen this guy play. I'm sure some of you have. Apparently he is an intelligent guy (based on his school pedigree and Wonderlic score) who isn't working with NFL caliber talent at the skill positions. Yet, he was productive in college. If we have to roll with Teddy in 2021, is this the type of guy you take a chance on in the mid to late rounds (4-7) if he's available?  Rhule didn't have the most talented roster last year, but I think his coaching had a lot to do with us being competitive in nearly every game we played in 2020. It doesn;t appear so far that Will Grier is going to ever impact our team...and his was picked by the former GM. Could Rhule and the rest of our staff Possibly groom Ramsey and make him a capable QB in the NFL? Even if he never starts, he could be trade bait later. Thoughts?

• Pie 3

16 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

If the guy we want isn't available at 8, I'd love to take a late-round flyer on this guy. I think he may surprise some folks. And his name is Peyton, not Patrick. 

Have you actually seen this guy play? If so, feel free to share your thoughts on him.

I apologize again for the name mishap.

I vaguely remember us having a teenage Redskins fan who was obsessed with Patrick Ramsey on here for a while. Kid annoyed the hell out of everybody.

We were set to play against them and he wound up making a bet that there was no way we'd sack Ramsey. If we did, he'd leave the board.

I think we sacked him on like the third play of the game 😆

• Pie 1