• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Wilson's Camp Have Discussed Trade Destinations With SEA; Trade Could Happen, "in the near future."

Proudiddy

I know I'm in the minority but I'm easily trading 3 1st round picks for Russell Wilson if that is all it would take and nothing more (we'd need to include Teddy in the deal too though).

Like I said in another thread.  No reason to think Wilson can't stay healthy as he gets older.  He's 32 so we're probably talking 4 or 5 more years of high-level play at least.  Some may think that doesn't make us a contender but I disagree.  Look at how competitive last year.  Add Russ to that, a healthy CMC, and our young players on defense getting more experience?  We're at the very least a playoff team.  And now with Wilson and McCaffrey on the same offense, we become one of the most desirable spots in the league for any players looking to win-now.  Which in a way can help make up for the lack of a 1st round pick in 2022 and 2023.

Wouldn't even be any hesitation in my mind.  

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Wilson is a top 5 QB. I would absolutely trade 3 1st’s for him.

If the Saints land Wilson, we’re screwed. We would have to find a way to trade for Watson at that point if we planned on competing anytime in the near future.

It's insane to me that people wouldn't want to do that deal lol

Give me 5 years of being talked about as a Super Bowl contender strictly because of how good our QB is than taking a gamble on hitting the next 3 1st round picks (especially considering the one this year will most likely be used in some way to get a QB).

• Pie 1

Couple of things from the article...

At a time this past season when Wilson's performance was a little rough and he was throwing a lot of interceptions, Pete Carroll wanted to switch to emphasizing the run more. Wilson wanted the opposite.

As we've heard before, there are players in the Seahawks locker room who think Wilson gets coddled too much by the coaching staff.

The Seahawks scouted Josh Allen as due diligence, and also were prepared to draft Patrick Mahomes if he fell to the late first round. Both of those things pissed Russell Wilson off.

There's also some folks who think Wilson is looking for somebody to blame because he had an eight game stretch that was "the worst of his career" this season.

Wilson's people have approached the Seahawks with several trade options, including to the Saints. The Jets, Dolphins and Raiders have also been mentioned.

It all sounds very diva-ish.

I wouldn't touch that situation with a ten foot pole.

• Pie 9