• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Wilson's Camp Have Discussed Trade Destinations With SEA; Trade Could Happen, "in the near future."

Proudiddy

These personal attacks on Russ seem weird. It's clear there is conflict in the Seahawks org but he's conducting himself pretty classy as far as disgruntled athletes go. The fact that the whole scenario with him making excuses for his bad play, allegedly, became a story at all reeks of a coaching staff leaking locker room info to the media as to not get roasted in the court of public opinion precisely because they know Russ has such a good reputation. Plus, he's a veteran QB with a ring who wants more input into the game plan, that's not unreasonable or insufferable. Goofy. Athletes have power, apparently folks don't like them exercising that

Edited by ImaginaryKev
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Very telling that folks are SO willing to take the side of the coaching staff and frame a player like Russell fuging Wilson as a problem based off a few articles. 

Remember when there were rumors circulating that Wilson and his first wife divorced over her sleeping with Golden Tate? Probably not because I had to look it up too. I just thought it was weird how that other poster characterized her as 'loyal' and his current wife, who he's been married two twice as long and has two kids with is just a 'random celebrity' who's made him insufferable. 

3 hours ago, Mage said:

I know I'm in the minority but I'm easily trading 3 1st round picks for Russell Wilson if that is all it would take and nothing more (we'd need to include Teddy in the deal too though).

Like I said in another thread.  No reason to think Wilson can't stay healthy as he gets older.  He's 32 so we're probably talking 4 or 5 more years of high-level play at least.  Some may think that doesn't make us a contender but I disagree.  Look at how competitive last year.  Add Russ to that, a healthy CMC, and our young players on defense getting more experience?  We're at the very least a playoff team.  And now with Wilson and McCaffrey on the same offense, we become one of the most desirable spots in the league for any players looking to win-now.  Which in a way can help make up for the lack of a 1st round pick in 2022 and 2023.

Wouldn't even be any hesitation in my mind.  

Much more inviting than Squatson. Talent but unproven, cant win big games. Versus Wilson. I have a feeling his ego and Tepper's would clash though. But I have a feeling anyone will clash with Tepper's ego.

36 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Scot is doing this thing were he's being childish and sensitive about being disagreed with but trying to frame himself as unbothered at the same time, sheesh

It's amusing when he uses emojis deliberately as an attempt to project this image of being unbothered and indifferent by a heated exchange, when it's common knowledge that the emojis come out when he's madddd lol.

😡😡

1 minute ago, MasterAwesome said:

It's amusing when he uses emojis deliberately as an attempt to project this image of being unbothered and indifferent by a heated exchange, when it's common knowledge that the emojis come out when he's madddd lol.

😡😡

I mean i thought that was obvious too but my big takeaway from the whole thing, honestly, is now I'm concerned about his health bc I'm a bleeding heart despite being mean online lol. I thought that was inappropriate to share in this discussion but I felt bad 🤒

@TheRumGone I just realized the Seahawks actually traded this year AND next years 1st rounders for Adams. Not their 1st rounder last year. 

So even if they trade him and tank they don’t have a 1st rounder in 2022. And whoever they trade Wilson to isn’t going to suck. 

Yikes, they’re an even bigger mess than I initially thought. I’d probably hang onto him this year and hope for the best and then trade him next season. 

If they do trade him though, the Jets are laughing! Might end up having two top 10 picks next year. Which comes into play with the Watson thing...

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

@TheRumGone I just realized the Seahawks actually traded this year AND next years 1st rounders for Adams. Not their 1st rounder last year. 

So even if they trade him and tank they don’t have a 1st rounder in 2022. And whoever they trade Wilson to isn’t going to suck. 

Yikes, they’re an even bigger mess than I initially thought. I’d probably hang onto him this year and hope for the best and then trade him next season. 

If they do trade him though, the Jets are laughing! Might end up having two top 10 picks next year. Which comes into play with the Watson thing...

This goes back to Watson, but if all things are relatively equal, I’d rather trade with us. If we trade the farm, our picks are going to be worth more than the Jets or MIA.

2 minutes ago, Tbe said:

This goes back to Watson, but if all things are relatively equal, I’d rather trade with us. If we trade the farm, our picks are going to be worth more than the Jets or MIA.

Outside of Q and Maye (who is a priority FA of theirs) can you name a single player on their D?

The Jets aren’t a good team. 

If you’re trading with us it’ll be because we can offer the better players versus draft picks 

39 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

I mean i thought that was obvious too but my big takeaway from the whole thing, honestly, is now I'm concerned about his health bc I'm a bleeding heart despite being mean online lol. I thought that was inappropriate to share in this discussion but I felt bad 🤒

Appreciated, but the point was that I'm actually a lot better off than I used to be 🙂

There's still concerns. My mother died at age 61. My brother died just after his 62nd birthday. I'm about to turn 54 and have a pretty similar health profile to the two of them.

Being romantically attached to a nurse helps though.

(especially when she watches my diet like a hawk) 😖

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

There's an article on The Athletic as to why.

Rift between Wilson and Seahawks over power and control

Mentions again that Wilson wants a say in personnel, as well as over the schemes.

As before, my answer would be "hell, no".

the NBA mentality is coming to the NFL.   It won't be a clone of what we see in the NBA....but superstar athletes are going to start flexing on franchises in ways we haven't seen.   And by superstars, we are basically only talking about stud QBs.