• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers will "pay any price" for Watson (via Sportsnaut via PFN)

top dawg

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Oh yeah, Richardson was better? 

I don't care about any non football things he did.

From a pure football perspective I'd rather have Richardson. We did make 2 Superbowls and 4 NFC championships we Jerry.

We haven't done jack with Tepper. 

There's nothing I like about him.

Moving the facilities to SC? Horschit

Wanting a domed stadium? Horschit.

Changing things just to change them? Horschit 

Spending any mental energy on Soccer? Horschit.

• Poo 5

2 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

From a pure football perspective I'd rather have Richardson. We did make 2 Superbowls and 4 NFC championships we Jerry.

Richardson presided over his fair share of ultimately boneheaded football decisions during his tenure.  The Sean Gilbert trade comes to mind, as do years of allowing this team to stagnate while the rest of the league evolved and the spending spree of 'I love you bro' contract extensions.  It isn't as if he was a paragon of wonderful football team management for the length of his ownership and just a scummy dude on the side (something, btw, that could also negatively impact football operations if he were still the owner since none of this lives in a vacuum).  Far too much difference in the length of ownership for JR / Tepper to compare raw results as well.

That last bit at the end there - a lot of that isn't directly "football" related.  If we don't care about that stuff for one guy...

Fact is Tepper may yet turn out to be so bad we try to get Dan Snyder down here to run the team just for a break from the awful.  Even if that ends up being the case in 2040 we're still not likely going to see a lot of support for JR nostalgia.

10 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

He's 2nd Tepper is first. I can't stand him. He's going to destroy the Panthers due to his stupid phucking ego.

When will the dumb motherphucker understand he knows nothing about football and let football people do their jobs.

Stupid analytics horschit really isn't going to do a phucking thing.

I hate that stupid bald motherphucker. 

I'd rather have a threesome with Rosie O'donnell and Nancy Pelosi than look at his fat phucking face one more time.

Tell us how you really feel.

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

I don’t even like soccer and think it’s cool he is bringing soccer here.  

Panthers have always had a presence in SC and should.  Plus, Rock Hill is basically an extension of Charlotte.  And if you don’t view it that way.....it will be in time.  

Tepper just brought in his coach this past season....who overachieved per the national outlook. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I don’t even like soccer and think it’s cool he is bringing soccer here.  

Panthers have always had a presence in SC and should.  Plus, Rock Hill is basically an extension of Charlotte.  And if you don’t view it that way.....it will be in time.  

Tepper just brought in his coach this past season....who overachieved per the national outlook. 

This any price crap is pure Tepper. 

Any price will cripple us and you know it.

14 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

We won’t actually pay any price. Getting our message out there of how bad we do want Watson might help us in being the team Watson eventually picks though. 

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 2

31 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

I am just having a hard time understanding why some of you are taking "any price" literally. But, y'all keep thinking that Tepper is a fool if that's what works for you. Me? I think that our braintrust, including Tepper, will figure things out...and we'll be better for it!

41 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

only we don't know that.  Tepper has never displayed that yet.  All we have is click bait social media post by people who want you to read and follow them. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, CRA said:

only we don't know that.  Tepper has never displayed that yet.  All we have is click bait social media post by people who want you to read and follow them. 

Besides, how can someone get mad over something that hasn't actually happened lol

16 hours ago, mav1234 said:

The Texans want both players and picks and neither of the young QBs on the teams you mention are particularly valuable in this trade. The Panthers have superior assets outside of picks.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of those teams comes out on top but I don't think it is hard to imagine how players like Burns, Chinn, CMC and DJ could be attractive as an include or two with multiple 1st rounders and 2nds etc.

I think you are either overvaluing our assets or undervaluing theirs. The difference in this years draft pick position alone would cost us quite a bit. And I don’t care what the report is about the Texans wanting a defensive player: young, recent, t5 pick QB prospects on rookie contracts hold a lot of value when talking about what a team gets back for trading a franchise QB. Not to mention both the Jets and Dolphins have other good young players of their own they could offer.

I think if those teams are serious we would probably have to beat their offers by an extra 1st rd pick or so to match the value of their assets.