• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson meets with new Texans Coach, reiterates that he wants out and nothing has changed.

GOAT

6 minutes ago, t96 said:

And if he's committed to not playing for them (which it certainly seems like is the case), all they'd be doing is shooting themselves in the foot. There will never be a shortage of interested teams. The price will just go down. Texans just hurt themselves by playing hardball, considerably more than Watson would hurt himself by sitting out for an extended period of time if he truly won't ever play for Houston again.

But @SizzleBuzz has told us Houston has all the leverage over the "whiny bitch" Deshaun Watson. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

He’s ours, the writing is on the wall.  Dolphins front office has already convinced themselves that Tua on a rookie contract + all those picks are better for them than Watson, and Jets will come to a similar conclusion with Wilson/Fields.  Our front office would have too if we were picking that high, but we aren’t, and Tepper has something to prove, and we’re in the NFC, so Watson will be ours.  I’ll wager anyone on here in dogecoin.  

Huddlers will cry about it saying we overpaid but they’ll sweep that under the rug when we win the division 

• Pie 6

Just now, MVPccaffrey said:

He’s ours, the writing is on the wall.  Dolphins front office has already convinced themselves that Tua on a rookie contract + all those picks are better for them than Watson, and Jets will come to a similar conclusion with Wilson/Fields.  Our front office would have too if we were picking that high, but we aren’t, and Tepper has something to prove, and we’re in the NFC, so Watson will be ours.  I’ll wager anyone on here in dogecoin.  

Huddlers will cry about it saying we overpaid but they’ll sweep that under the rug when we win the division 

You'll get absolutely no argument from me!

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, t96 said:

And if he's committed to not playing for them (which it certainly seems like is the case), all they'd be doing is shooting themselves in the foot. There will never be a shortage of interested teams. The price will just go down. Texans just hurt themselves by playing hardball, considerably more than Watson would hurt himself by sitting out for an extended period of time if he truly won't ever play for Houston again.

Again, I didn't say it was the smart thing to do.

Generally speaking, when there is a "smart thing to do", I expect the Texans to do the opposite.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

I don't think his stock can get higher than now but I agree it doesn't go down until after the draft.

The more teams start to establish their direction at QB, I believe his value will start to fall. Pre-draft 2021 is probably going to be peak value. After the draft, it might start to drop. If he sits out 2021 entirely, it will most likely drop substantially. 

It's actually fun to kind of watch the Texans so royally fug themselves.

6 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I don't think his stock can get higher than now but I agree it doesn't go down until after the draft.

who knows.  But you got time and interested teams.  Longer it goes? Maybe someone like Tepper keeps sweetening the deal. 

But I think if he isn't traded by the draft, it isn't happening. Texans will force him to sit.  And I think he will sit a year if they call him on it.  Which could be the play.  Then Cal can take a shitty year and use it as an excuse to restructure things just how Watson wanted but have the angle it was all his idea because of how the team performed. 

Just now, CRA said:

who knows.  But you got time and interested teams.  Longer it goes? Maybe someone like Tepper keeps sweetening the deal. 

But I think if he isn't traded by the draft, it isn't happening Texans will force him to sit.  And I think he will sit a year if they call him on it.  Which could be the play.  Then Cal can take a shitty year and use it as an excuse to restructure things just how Watson wanted but have the angle it was all his idea because of how the team performed. 

As a plan, that could either be incredibly stupid or absolute genius.

Giving who'd be executing it, I'd lean towards stupid.

But if it works...

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

As a plan, that could either be incredibly stupid or absolute genius.

Giving who'd be executing it, I'd lean towards stupid.

But if it works...

incredibly stupid and absolutely genius often aren't that far apart. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1