• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson meets with new Texans Coach, reiterates that he wants out and nothing has changed.

GOAT

7 minutes ago, Verge said:

I cannot reiterate enough that this is only true on the surface level. At least someone in that front office is at least listening to the offers. 

If they were literally not listening to any calls from other teams, I couldn't imagine a bigger red flag.

Don't get me wrong, if there is any franchise that could possibly be that stupid, it would be the Texans.

I don't think anyone seriously thought that they weren't at least listening. Well....I hope they didn't.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

If they were literally not listening to any calls from other teams, I couldn't imagine a bigger red flag.

Don't get me wrong, if there is any franchise that could possibly be that stupid, it would be the Texans.

I don't think anyone seriously thought that they weren't at least listening. Well....I hope they didn't.

Tom Pelissero said some of the other teams he talked to really believe it.

The Rapoport clip above doesn't exactly paint an encouraging picture either.

Edited by Mr. Scot

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports "no one believes" Deshaun Watson will be traded. 

That's via sources "knee deep" in the situation. Rapsheet appears to be referring to teams that might be interested in acquiring the elite young quarterback. Rapoport also reports the Texans do not view either the start of free agency or the draft as "any sort of deadline." Rapsheet believes the drama will last for a "very, very long time." That is consistent with the established facts, as each side continues to dig in, both out in the open and via leaks. 

22 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports "no one believes" Deshaun Watson will be traded. 

That's via sources "knee deep" in the situation. Rapsheet appears to be referring to teams that might be interested in acquiring the elite young quarterback. Rapoport also reports the Texans do not view either the start of free agency or the draft as "any sort of deadline." Rapsheet believes the drama will last for a "very, very long time." That is consistent with the established facts, as each side continues to dig in, both out in the open and via leaks. 

Oh poo.....we may get him for a steal next offseason. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, ncstatekwi said:

Gonna be a Texas standoff...although I think Watson will win this...his endorsement money will be enough to support him while sitting out...meanwhile team will get tired of attention and media...not to mention additional draft picks for draft are more than enticing..

And not to mention that they still have to count his salary against the cap every year he doesn't play. 

14 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Honestly if the Texans do not move him before the draft they are not trading him period.  They are positioning themselves to fight him and let him sit if needed.  

In this scenario the Panthers should consider moving up in the draft at a reasonable price or stay at 8 and pick.  There comes a point where mortgaging your draft future isn't worth it if you aren't in the current position to make it happen.

If we were picking 3rd this would be so much easier but at 8 its is extremely costly and maybe not worth it.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Honestly if the Texans do not move him before the draft they are not trading him period.  They are positioning themselves to fight him and let him sit if needed.  

In this scenario the Panthers should consider moving up in the draft at a reasonable price or stay at 8 and pick.  There comes a point where mortgaging your draft future isn't worth it if you aren't in the current position to make it happen.

If we were picking 3rd this would be so much easier but at 8 its is extremely costly and maybe not worth it.

I think moving him in the draft makes more sense than before than prior.  It's knowing what you can do with the first round pick vs guessing. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think moving him in the draft makes more sense than before than prior.  It's knowing what you can do with the first round pick vs guessing. 

Definitely a possibility if they don’t trade with the Jets.  If its the Jets why wait?  You choosing anyone but Trevor.  Makes sense if its the Panthers so agree there.