• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson meets with new Texans Coach, reiterates that he wants out and nothing has changed.

GOAT

33 minutes ago, stirs said:

Number 8 pick Lance, Teddy, CMC, 2022 1st rounder to Texans

Watson to the Panthers

33 year old Stafford went for two firsts, a second, and Jared Goff.  

25 year old Desean Watson is gonna require ALOT more than that.

I love Brian Burns and Jeremy Chinn as much as anyone on this board.  But reality is we’re likely gonna have to part ways with one for  Watson deal to happen.

I’m not even sure Houston is interested in a $64 million RB if they are rebuilding. And in that case, perhaps BOTH of Chinn/Brown and Burns would need to be included.  Regardless, the only way we can compete for Desean is giving up young stars.  Make it happen Tepper.

21 minutes ago, CRA said:

I'm clueless. 

But if that is the best way to be, I'll accept that. 

It's not really that big of a deal, just very bizarre. There's a troll, who shall go unnamed, that is convinced he has some sort of unique and genius perspective on what Tepper is doing with Panthers' management structure.  He would often derail (I haven't seen it as much in the past week or so, but it was almost relentless for a couple of weeks prior to that) threads to insist that Tepper was instituting an Appaloosa Model structure of management.  It felt like every time people talked about Fitterer/Rhule/Tepper, he would swoop in and just start bizarrely talking about the Appaloosa Model and would ask people "Do you know who Rhule reports to?" It was so strange.

• Flames 1

26 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

I love Brian Burns and Jeremy Chinn as much as anyone on this board.  But reality is we’re likely gonna have to part ways with one for  Watson deal to happen.

I’m not even sure Houston is interested in a $64 million RB if they are rebuilding. And in that case, perhaps BOTH of Chinn/Brown and Burns would need to be included.  Regardless, the only way we can compete for Desean is giving up young stars.  Make it happen Tepper.

The Goff/Stafford trade is a completely different scenario. The lions got that much as a way to sweeten the deal for Goff’s ridiculous contract. 

• Pie 2

32 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

I think you'll find one of those firsts was for taking Jared Goff's contract off their hands. It's an absolute albatross. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

In return for Watson, the Panthers would have to give up McCaffrey, Bridgewater, their first- and second-round picks in the 2021 draft (8 and 39), a first-round pick in 2022 and a third-round pick in 2023.”

I honestly don’t think that is even close to getting it done.  Bridgewater is not attractive at all, and CMC’s value is overrated by Panthers fans (because of that contract).  And only two first’s and no Burns.  Not even remotely close, IMO.

10 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

In return for Watson, the Panthers would have to give up McCaffrey, Bridgewater, their first- and second-round picks in the 2021 draft (8 and 39), a first-round pick in 2022 and a third-round pick in 2023.”

I honestly don’t think that is even close to getting it done.  Bridgewater is not attractive at all, and CMC’s value is overrated by Panthers fans (because of that contract).  And only two first’s and no Burns.  Not even remotely close, IMO.

That would be amazing if they would take it though. Deshaun has the leverage though if he refuses to play then it may cost less than we think.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

well, my ears are open. 

I was just guessing off the fact that was the name of Tepper's hedge fund and the fact they did look at times of distress (Houston) to cash in. 

We have a dude that spam posted about "The Appaloosa Model" in relation to every Panthers front office move, coaching decision, play call, equipment manager bowel movement, etc.